Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way?

Default Is there a way?
    I am currently using the Iphone 2G on the ATT network, but I turned off the PDA package because of how much it costs. I plan on turning it on later, but I rather use the wireless in my home or at work for now. Now comes the question, my phone likes to disconnect from the wireless and use 3g randomly while downloading. Is there a way shut of the Edge connection from my phone so it cant connect. I cant have it blocked by ATT because I have a text package on my phone and they said it will not allow me to be able to text.

Your wisdom is appreciated!

DeadGlory

Thanks

People say you just ssh onto your iPhone and find the edge files and if you delete a few then edge will not work anymore

Ok, il go and rename a few. Thanks

DeadGlory

Jailbreak - Cydia - Install Bossprefs

It's an application you can use to toggle the services your iPhone, including Edge and 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadGlory View Post
    Ok, il go and rename a few. Thanks

DeadGlory
    I wouldn't suggest doing that if you do not know what your renaming and deleting.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 2008-08-09 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, thats so much easier than renaming! Thanks A lot!

DeadGlory

AT&T can disable data without disabling your sms. But you will not be able to send any mms. Not a problem with the iphone as it can't do that natively anyways. On my SE 850i we had data disabled and sms still works just fine. I also had them disable data on my Tilt a while ago and texting still worked. Sometimes you have to ask at least 10 people at AT&T the same question and average out the results to figure out the truth.

It is possible the iphone is different, but I highly doubt it.

Jeff