Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone wont save Settings

Default Phone wont save Settings
    Just upgraded from 1.0.2 - 1.1.4 and now when i set all my settings, it resets everytime i load a new program or game... my weather settings dont stay, ipod settings, clock country and so on and i cant get themes to work either.. anyone else run into this problem? not sure if i did something wrong in the upgrade.
    Any help would be great

Cheers Mike

May have to restore to a complete 1.1.4 firmware (simplest option I can think of). It sounds like there may be something corrupt, not sure if it's something that you could fix with an application (maybe SSH in and tinker, but that wouldn't be advised unless you know everything you're doing).

so i just to a full restore to 1.1.4 and use iliberty + to jailbreak, activate, unlock and installer?

just tried putting the phone in DFU mode and restoring it to start over and i tunes gave me and error message " iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occurred. 1601" ???? no idea what to do.
    Last edited by watkinSS; 2008-08-09 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you sure it's in DFU mode? The screen should be black. Also, are you selecting a firmware or just pressing the 'restore' button? Are you selecting the correct firmware for your device?