Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cingular sim = 3G iphone? Anyone know?

Question Cingular sim = 3G iphone? Anyone know?
    If my Cingular 3G sim card would work on a new 3G iphone? Iím on AT&T network using my Blackberry and would like to upgrade to 3G iphone. Is it as easy as just inserting the sim card into a new phone?

Thanks for the input.

Yes but i believe you have to activate with apple or att store also. Hope this helps

Is that the only way?

I was hoping to get 1 off craiglist/eBay, jailbreak it, and insert my sim card into it.

Yes you can. No need for activation from apple store. craigslist is pretty pricy dont you think. about 750?????

The iPhone will be able to use the Cingular card after it is jailbroken, as long as the process you use activates it. You don't need Apple or Cingular to activate your phone.

As I've stated before, the Blackberry Plan does not cover the iPhone data plan. And yes, AT&T will know, your corporate line will be charge. From there, it depends how lenient your company is.

Consider this, I purchase my iPhone out of my own pocket because corporate didn't approve the iPhone use when it was release. I paid for the 3G in full off of eBay, and went to AT&T to activate the plan. The representative ensured me that the iPhone plan was added. The first bill (which was a prorated 13 day) was $486 of data charges. Imagine a full month of use, you might be dismissed from the corporate line.

holycow $486? really? that big of a difference? i was hoping a little more but thats ridiculous!!!!!

ok well no iphone for me anytime soon. thanks all. signing out.

lol u dont need anything. cingular is att... just buy the phone and try it. just call and get the iphone plan.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxRomero View Post
    lol u dont need anything. cingular is att... just buy the phone and try it. just call and get the iphone plan.
    xXxRomero, if you didn't know, dubsiphone asked this questions in a previous thread. In the thread he explain that he's on the corporate's Blackberry line.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...rd-iphone.html

Quote Originally Posted by dubsiphone View Post
    holycow $486? really? that big of a difference? i was hoping a little more but thats ridiculous!!!!!

ok well no iphone for me anytime soon. thanks all. signing out.
    Yes, however I was able to dispute the charges, because I did have an iPhone on direct fulfillment. The nice customer rep did see that also, which she adjust and add the iPhone plan to the date I initially applied for the direct fulfillment. But it was $486 data charge, that's why I gave you a heads up in the beginning.

During those 13 days, I visited the usual, CNN, Engadget, Digg, Exchange Push. I did not even use YouTube, imagine the charge if I did.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 2008-08-08 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost