Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SMS very slow

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Default SMS very slow
    I have noticed on my 1 gen iPhone (1.1.4) that my SMS app is getting really slow.
    I tap on the SMS icon and it takes a bit (45 sec) to open and then takes another 30-45 to open the person that sent me a SMS.

Anyone else notice this as well?
    I haven't noticed this MAJOR slowdown in any other app besides Installer.
    For me Installer has always been slow so I don't think its related.

Any one know why or what I can do?
    I unlocked, activated, jailbroke via +Liberty and it was a few months ago.

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have a lot of SMS messages stored, or any other apps that notify or in any way attach themselves/monitor to the SMS app on the phone?

Also, could try the permissions fix via Boss Prefs. Launch Boss Prefs, click More and then select the Fix user permissions. I had a problem with my mail application a while back on my 1st gen phone and this fixed that.

Thanks

yeah this happens to me and it SUCKS... I am on 2.0 and i installed intelliscreen... That is cool because it shows the texts on ur lock screen.. also you can slide the section that ur texts are and view them... for some reason when i view them through intelliscreen it loads up 2x faster then when i just click on the icon...Also try deleting some old texts to free up some space
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Do you have a lot of SMS messages stored, or any other apps that notify or in any way attach themselves/monitor to the SMS app on the phone?

Also, could try the permissions fix via Boss Prefs. Launch Boss Prefs, click More and then select the Fix user permissions. I had a problem with my mail application a while back on my 1st gen phone and this fixed that.
    I deleted all my messages and it did not seem to speed it up.
    I have Intelliscreen installed but it alerts me to a received SMS.
    I will turn off the alert but not sure that its slowing things up.
    I have had Intelliscreen longer then this problem.
    It seemed to slow down a few weeks back and I haven't installed any new apps.

Thanks

Thanks

hmm well your not alone.. What i was talking about with intelliscreen is that instead of sliding ur slider to veiw a text slide the part until it says launch sms? when i click launch sms it loads much faster... sorry if this doesnt work..
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]

make sure that when you delete your sms, that you clear the conversation before. if not it will still be stored in your phone.

Interesting..
    So if we have just been deleting sms w/o clearing conversation first we have a bunch of messages stored somewhere.

Where would they be stored in the filesystem and what would we have to delete to get rid of them?

Thanks!

i wont be able to tell you cuz ive never done it, i always clear before deleteing, try telling people that youve texted to text again and the whole conversation would pop up again, then you will be able to delete it... lol kind if a long shot.

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Im having a similar problem, it takes about 5-10 seconds to pull up the SMS screen and ive noticed that when I send a Message to someone it takes 3-10 minutes for her to even get the message. She responds and it take 3-5 minutes to get the return. Im running 1st Gen 2.0 should I upgrade to 2.1?

Quote Originally Posted by xXxRomero View Post
    make sure that when you delete your sms, that you clear the conversation before. if not it will still be stored in your phone.
    i highly doubt that

ok try and delete a messege without clearing the conversation. and then have the person text you again, the whole conversation comes back up. were is that stored???