Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No WIfi and no Edge on 1.1.3

Default No WIfi and no Edge on 1.1.3
    Hi,

I just upgraded and unlocked my phone, it worked well i installed the fixes for the edge and mail problem. After that i was not able to connect to my wifi network.

I can select the network, but the phone forgets the ip as soon as i leave the setting. Same with edge settings....

Does anyone have an idea to fix that?? Can I go back to 1.1.1 without problems???

Please help

Nils

same problem here... can someone pleqase help?

to give a more detailed description:

the phone finds the wifi network, connects (the network is checked), but the wifi icon does not appear in the title bar. the phone does not receive an ip address, nor does it ever connect to the network. when opening apps, the phone does not give a list of wifi networks. network settings and router resets do NOT work.

is there a way to fix this? can i do a restore (1.1.3)? (i did the MMi Jailbreak+1.1.3 Update via Installer up from 1.1.2) originally it was a 1.0.2 phone, went through all the updates without problems.
    Last edited by rgates; 2008-01-29 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Same problem here, someone pls link us up to a proper solution.
    Tried searching a lot but all efforts in vain.

suggestions please?

Default I have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by rgates View Post
    the phone finds the wifi network, connects (the network is checked), but the wifi icon does not appear in the title bar. the phone does not receive an ip address, nor does it ever connect to the network. when opening apps, the phone does not give a list of wifi networks. network settings and router resets do NOT work.
    I'm using 1.0.2.
    Real Gucci is the s***, fake Gucci is s***!

Did you do hardware unlock?

Quote Originally Posted by DVB+ View Post
    Did you do hardware unlock?
    I have a Jailbroken iPhone on 1.0.2. It has not been unlocked, I still use AT&T.
    Real Gucci is the s***, fake Gucci is s***!

the hardware definitely works since it can find networks. it's a software problem, probably somewhere in preferences.app or its framework.

this was done by the MMi Dev Team Jailbreak via Installer. the unlock was carried over from 1.1.2 and was done by anysim. but i don't think this is the reason for the problem. i suspect corrupt permissions somewhere in the preferences frameworks... something similar to the timezone problem.
    Last edited by rgates; 2008-01-31 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i've got the same problem/very similar problem.
    1) wifi network connects and works up until the phone autolocks. it then forgets the encryption key. no problems with edge however...
    2) after setting mail preferences and password, when i try to check my email it says i haven't entered my password. tried rebooting. nothing.

someone please help this is very annoying.

Try downgare to 1.0.2 and re up to 1.1.3 with iTune! (Not use restore)

Quote Originally Posted by t.storbeck View Post
    i've got the same problem/very similar problem.
    1) wifi network connects and works up until the phone autolocks. it then forgets the encryption key. no problems with edge however...
    2) after setting mail preferences and password, when i try to check my email it says i haven't entered my password. tried rebooting. nothing.
    Ditto, I have the same exact problem.

I have the same exact problem pleaaaaaaaaase help!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

wasn't there an EDGE fix posted by BigBoss the other day...what happened to it....my EDGE isn't working either. Official DevTeam jailbreak....need help

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I got the same problem when finish jailbreak 1.1.3 WiFi working good but when you go to homepage it goes. I tried, restart networ, static ip setting, turn on an off air mode, turn on and off bluetooth and still with the same problem. It looks that a big % of the people that made a jailbrake for 1.1.3 have this problem. I jailbrake mine with automated way from installer, and everything is working good except WiFi, lets see what we can do

Is there any update to solve the problem ? Does the downgrade work ?

Thanks

Default no edge
    running 1.1.2
    dev team jailbreak and unlock from 1.1.1
    no edge

whats the deal

so im on Tmobile
    i just called the tech support
    they need to resend data to the phone
    waiting to see if it works (standby)
    ok so tmob says the APN is "internet2voicestream.com"
    (settings/ general/network/ edge)
    no username
    no passsword
    they also said they need to switch the phone on their end
    see what happens?

Default res?
    i had this same problem.
    What i think it was is the baseband.

This is what i did to resolve the issue.

if you are on 1.1.3
    Then do a restore from ITunes use the 1.1.3 factory FW. (Non-Jailbreak Method)

once you do this then see if you have your carrier.

if this works then if you want to jailbreak, start the jailbreak process.

Here is the details of how to downgrade the 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 and then back to 1.1.3 after jailbreaking.

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29358

this happened to me when i upgraded an IPhone from 1.0.2, to 1.1.1, to 1.1.3.

See if that helps.

anything on the wifi yet? shouldn't have anything to do with the baseband...

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I think is not the baseband, I tryied all the possibles jailbrakes to 1.1.3 and still the same problem, one tip i that i can tell you guys since some fix comes to it is, everytime you gonna use your wifi, try to go to settings, wifi, turn it off and back on again, then go out of there and open the app that u gonna use with wifi, then it gonna ask u for the password of your connection if u got one, if not, choose your connection after u open that app and your wifi will stay on the app that u are useing, but if u go out of the utility u are using it goes again, then u have to do the same thing again with the other app that u gonna use with wifi again, it works like that for me. For example, if u gonna use safari, go to general, wifi, turn it off and on, dont choose your wifi there, just go out of there, open safari then it will ask you for your wifi network, choose your network and you will stay with your wifi in safari, when you finish with it, close safari and your wifi will go again, u can do that with any app that use wifi and it works. We got to do that until there is something that we can do with one fix...

I suspect it's a permission problem somewhere... Doesn't anyone on the forums know a fix for this???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast