Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: what happens if you break your iPhone?

Thanks

Default what happens if you break your iPhone?
    what will AT&T or Rogers do if you break your iPhone under contract and it's not covered by warranty? Will they let you buy a new one? And what would the pricing be? And I'm talking about the 3G.

Oh yeah this is cuz I have an 8GB 3G and I need a way to get a white 16GB 3G.
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

AT&T I know will not let you get the $199 upgrade price because you will not be upgrade elegeble for 12 months. You will then have to pay $399 for 8Gb or $499 for 16GB because you will be buying another phone right from them.

If you break it and are not trying to get a 16GB cheep, you may just want to call Apple because it would just be cheaper to get it repaired from them.

O yah by the way the phone price with out a contract with AT&T is $599 for 8Gb and $699 for 16GB. So do not complain that the phones are cheeper this time around, AT&T is just paying that difference and counting on you going with them for 2 years.

copied this straight from the at&t website...
    You have the option to purchase an early upgrade priced at $399 for 8GB (black) or $499 for 16GB (black or white). Two-year contract required.

i actually told them i lost my second one and sold it... they took off the iphone plan from my second line with no early termination fee... i didn't ask them to buy another one but as stated above im pretty sure that's what they'll say

edit*hehe i got ninj'd i took to long to look it up

You're not going to have the non-contract price, you'll be eligible for the "not eligible for an upgrade" price, which is $499 for the 16gb.

Thanks

so I'd pretty much be better off buying one off eBay in a few months cuz it will be about the same price as a non-upgrade eligible phone?
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008