Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone warranty

Unhappy Iphone warranty
    i have a iphone which i have restored back to fw 1.0.2(it was previously jailbroken and unlocked with fw 1.1.1), i cannot activate it or unlock or jailbreak it as my screen no longer works, im stuck at the screen to "Activate Iphone" and "Slide for Emergency", but cannot do anything.My screen is stuffed.All other buttons work.

Is my iphone still under warranty and can i send it back for repair??

when u restore to 1.0.2 u get an error??? cause the modem fw needs to be downgraded and in ur case u cant cause of the screen. if so restor to 1.1.1 till no errors in itunes appear then ur good to go
    post ur story back and let use know what happens with apple

yes i had to restore through ibrickr to get back to 1.0.2, i couldnt restore through itunes, so from wat u saying i must restore the iphone through itunes to 1.1.1?im not sure if that is the fw it initially came with, it is a week 38 iphone...sorry, im new to this stuff...
    btw i bought my iphone with a AT&T sim card, but did unlock it for use in South Africa...does that make a difference?i read another thread where a guy asked to revirginise his iphone?

the other thread name is: Sending jailbroken phone to apple

thanks for any responses!!
    Last edited by bosliks; 2008-01-28 at 10:25 AM.

ok it depends on the modem fw u have now go to settings and check it if ur phone is locked slid to emergency dial *#307# and u know the rest if ur modem is ohhh sh*** ur screen not working
    ok if 1.1.1 is the highest upgrade u got to just restore it in I tunes tow times so ur phone will be virgin
    This is the only thing u can do pro cause u can't use ur screen