Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cingular 3G Sim Card for iphone

Lightbulb Cingular 3G Sim Card for iphone
    I currently have a blackberry with a Cingular 3G sim card. If I were to get a new 3G iphone from Craiglist/eBay and jailbreak it, could I just put my Cingular sim card in the new phone?

FYI this is a company blackberry phone Iím hoping they continue to pay for the unlimited minute/data plan.

Thanks for the help

I have not personally tried it with the old Cingular 3G card, however if it does not work that way, keep in mind that the 3G is not yet unlockable.

Also, your company will have to add the iPhone Corporate/Business Line, your company will not be happy once AT&T finds out. With that said, you should also see if your IT will allow you to access Exchange with the iPhone instead of using the BES.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 2008-08-07 at 07:20 PM.

So my only option is just to get a 2G iphone instead? I'm diggin the fact that I don't have to pay a monthly plan but I really want an iphone.

Any inputs would be much appreciate it.

What Blackberry are you using, in my opinion, the Curve is a superior device compared to the 2G iPhone. There is not reason to leave your Blackberry for the 2G iPhone, it's a big hassle if your company does not support it.

Your company will have to approve the iPhone, and add the iPhone Data option to your company line instead of the Blackberry service.

Does your company support the iPhone, as in will your IT let you access the Exchange server if it does use an Exchange server, since you had a company issued Blackberry. Most likely you were accessing your emails through a BES. You may need certain credentials from IT such as certificates.

Actually I don’t really care to access my company’s email. I’m only concerns with the internet data and unlimited minutes. That’s really all I used. Ya it’s nice to see emails from work when I’m out of the office but dang iphone jailbroken with all the cool apps are the bomb!

Old school blackberry 8700 with 1 too many drops

Quote Originally Posted by dubsiphone View Post
    Actually I don’t really care to access my company’s email. I’m only concerns with the internet data and unlimited minutes. That’s really all I used. Ya it’s nice to see emails from work when I’m out of the office but dang iphone jailbroken with all the cool apps are the bomb!

Old school blackberry 8700 with 1 too many drops
    That's a nice company, to issue employee Blackberries, when email is not needed. I entertain emails all day long, even at night without being compensated for overtime. Also, how will you plan to read your emails on the road, or sync your address book and calendars .

However to simply put it, that Blackberry Unlimited Data line is not unlimited on the iPhone. AT&T will know that you are using the iPhone, from the IMEI number. AT&T will then bill the charges to your company, with some hefty numbers that you prefer to have as a Christmas bonus.
    Last edited by weezyhuy; 2008-08-07 at 08:50 PM.

Thanks for the inputs weezyhuy, but dang you are really bummin me out with your knowledge.

Anyone else with other way around this? I do work for a fairly big company with probably over 5000+ issued blackberrys. Could they really find out that I’m using an iphone instead of their cheesy blackberry and cut me off?

Thanks again