Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [1.1.3] - is it really worth it - im not convinced

Default [1.1.3] - is it really worth it - im not convinced
    Ai, the problem with supply & demand -- and rogue traders lol

I think the JB methods have been rushed, and there a just too many problems with both version. Yes i know theres plenty of fixes BUT they dont fix everything.

Nate's apparently wont work with the SDK released in feb, the dev's will,
    On nates i can get my apps working, on the devs its not happening!
    Also, cant set time zones, terminal wants passwords....etc etc

And for what? Wiggly icons and a locate function which LocateMe does anyway!?

B******s lol after spening almost an entire day messing around trying to get various things to work etc, im going back to 1.1.2!

Think ill wait until a proper, complete, and wilingly (not rushed or forced by impatient people) released.

my 2 cents worth anyway

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

SDK won't work with Nate's? Why not?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

While I love my completely jailbroken 1.1.3, I'm of the firm belief that anyone who's not 100% into upgrading (or jailbreaking or hacking, FTM) should take a pass until they're comfortable. It's obviously not a simple process and offers way too many opportunities for most folks to end up with an "iBrick".

If you're not sure, take your own advice and wait for "a proper, complete, and wilingly (not rushed or forced by impatient people) released."

Modding's not for everyone...by a longshot!

Jailbreak 1.1.3 ,nates and Dev Team Both unstabled going to restored . I give up. Reasons
    can't connect to SSh, anymore
    If u reboot ur iphone holding sleep/wake & Home , put u back on Dfu: connect to iTunes. Its just a mess an Plenty more why.
    I'm using aT&T legal service

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    While I love my completely jailbroken 1.1.3, I'm of the firm belief that anyone who's not 100% into upgrading (or jailbreaking or hacking, FTM) should take a pass until they're comfortable. It's obviously not a simple process and offers way too many opportunities for most folks to end up with an "iBrick".

If you're not sure, take your own advice and wait for "a proper, complete, and wilingly (not rushed or forced by impatient people) released."

Modding's not for everyone...by a longshot!
    dont get me wrong, i love modding etc, ive done various scenes lol, nokias, xbox, psp, ps3 and this is my latest, and i have no problem going over and over the steps etc - hell ive had my fair share of iBricks (the lastest has effectivly disabled my restore mode!?? I can only get into it by having it plugged into the wall charger)

I just think the 1.1.3 hastle isnt worth it yet. plus with rumours of 1.1.4 for the sdk etc, ill wait till all bugs have been ironed out coz currently there a a few that i cant be ar$ed to bodge lol

The DEV Team posted in irc about Nate's breaking "Nikita" -- apples sdk.
    its only what was said so to speak, with no sdk yet i guess its an unknown entity at the moment lol

Quote Originally Posted by jtanner View Post
    ...(the lastest has effectivly disabled my restore mode!?? I can only get into it by having it plugged into the wall charger)...
    All the more reason to avoid it! Sounds like you have your definitive answer. 1.1.3 is not for you, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcrash View Post
    All the more reason to avoid it! Sounds like you have your definitive answer. 1.1.3 is not for you, methinks.
    1.1.3 is not for me because there are too many bugs etc! im not afraid of bricking it lol and i can live with using the wall socket to get into restore mode lol - doesnt phase me really, but for to use my phone day to day etc, some stuff id like fixed....not in 1.1.3 yet (the fixes) so until its ironed out im back to 1.1.2

for the record almost all my bricks where related to the jailbreak tiff & a dodgy wireless connection lol! ive only bricked once coz i was playing with stuff! i screwed the M68 list up and had a blank home screen with "iPod" showing instead of signal etc etc > but hey, a quick restore and away we go again