Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidently Hit Restore...

Default Accidently Hit Restore...
    A friend of mine with a 1.1.2 otb iphone and a NEXT SIM attachment followed the guide released last night to unlock his phone via a xp computer... everything worked fine... including his rogers sim card and making calls... although his google maps wouldn't locate him and his edge setting wouldn't set up. so he was going to downgrade again and retry but before thinking he hit restore and resotored the original 1.1.3 firmware and now keeps getting "inncorrect sim" when he tries to do the simple 1.1.1 jailbreakme.com...

So can anyone give me any advice on how to fix this for him...
    or is he stuck now?

Try upgrading to 1.1.2 as 1.1.1 does not work with the 1.1.2 Baseband.

Sorry to say this but you and I have seem to have the same problem i also by accident hit the restore button and restored the phone with the original 1.1.3 and with the new bootloader its impossible at current to do it the old make the phone call it self trick does not work anymore so we are screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmhshiney View Post
    Try upgrading to 1.1.2 as 1.1.1 does not work with the 1.1.2 Baseband.
    Yeha i tried this too and same problem...

Here are some pictures i am running into while im trying to fix this iPhone.
    So far it won't work on any firmware 1.0.2 - 1.1.3...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo-235.jpg   -picture-3.png   -picture-4.png  
    Last edited by MitchTheBoss; 2008-01-28 at 07:11 PM.

Default Confirmed!
    I try to downgrade to 1.1.1 from 1.1.3 and the phone call procces wont work so im stuck qith 1.1.3 until new downgrade procces

bump could someone please give me some advice...
    my friend is obviously terribly dissappointed considering he only used it for about 2-3 weeks...

i too have done the same thing and have tried allsorts to get my iphone back to how it was with installer etc. i can get it to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 or 1.0.1 and also do the ring thing, but when i have installed installer through the prefs:/jailbreak.com method i just have the incorrect sim message same as yours so cant get to the home screen to to use installer to install oktoprep etc. when i downgrade i have to do it twice, i.e shift/ restore choose 1.1.1 then let it do its thing. then shift/restore choose 1.1.1 again and let it do its thing. may help you but i have had no luck from actually installing the installer.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

there is no advice to give. my advice to anyones phones i play with or help out in person is DO NOT UPGRADE EVER IN ITUNES UNLESS I SAY SO... i say it in a agressive way to force them to be afraid of doing it.

your stuck, period. wait for a new sim solution update which might be expensive or not. no downgrade will be avail for you for a long time. there is no way to downgrade ur baseband now since ur on the newest avail and even if 1.1.4 comes out i highly doubt a new baseband will go along with it considering the fact that this one just came out a few weeks ago and its been months since the last update.

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    there is no advice to give. my advice to anyones phones i play with or help out in person is DO NOT UPGRADE EVER IN ITUNES UNLESS I SAY SO... i say it in a agressive way to force them to be afraid of doing it.

your stuck, period. wait for a new sim solution update which might be expensive or not. no downgrade will be avail for you for a long time. there is no way to downgrade ur baseband now since ur on the newest avail and even if 1.1.4 comes out i highly doubt a new baseband will go along with it considering the fact that this one just came out a few weeks ago and its been months since the last update.
    I told him...
    trust me i tell everyone to just talk to me and find out what to do...
    i keep up with it...
    But it sounds like he is stuck. ill try the 1.1.1 twice as suggested but i don't think it will work.

Hopefully someone knows/can find a way to at least jailbreak it again for now

Thanks for the input and any other advice would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post

Thanks for the advice i'll suggest this to him:
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/Next-iPhone-Unloc...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by MitchTheBoss; 2008-01-30 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i too have done the same thing and have tried allsorts to get my iphone back to how it was with installer etc. i can get it to downgrade from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1 or 1.0.1 and also do the ring thing, but when i have installed installer through the prefs:/jailbreak.com method i just have the incorrect sim message same as yours so cant get to the home screen to to use installer to install oktoprep etc. when i downgrade i have to do it twice, i.e shift/ restore choose 1.1.1 then let it do its thing. then shift/restore choose 1.1.1 again and let it do its thing. may help you but i have had no luck from actually installing the installer.

Hey All,
    I have also experienced the same problem, someone suggested reprogramming my turbo sim, but the turbo sim that i purchased came pre-programmed so i am not sure if that would help. Any ideas and suggestions would be really helpful in this topic.

Thanks iphone community.