Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Settings icon missing 1.1.3

Default Settings icon missing 1.1.3
    I upgraded to 1.1.3 and jailbroke phone using the devteam jailbreak. Went to 1.1.3 with zero problems. Decided to delete some apps through installer as they were not showing up on my screen. To make it easier i went through transmit to delete apps i no longer wanted. After rebooting phone my settings icon is gone. If i connect to phone still see a preferences.app folder there. Am I missing something? Also if needed would I be able to do the 1.1.3 update again not having to downgrade?

Wow !! I have the same problem, doing the same thing !!! Could someone please send us the Preferences.app file for 1.1.3 ?

deleted
    Last edited by almudawi; 2008-01-28 at 07:28 AM. Reason: repost

Deleted
    Last edited by almudawi; 2008-01-28 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Repost

Wow !! I have the same problem, doing the same thing !!! Could someone please send us the Preferences.app file for 1.1.3 ?

I wonder if it has something to do with that extended preferences addon. I probably should not have tried to delete from installer. Wont uninstall anyway. Does anyone know if using the devteams jailbreak a second time would fix this issue? I am bit unsure what the outcome would be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello

My Setting Icon goes also away after the Update to 1.1.3.
    If there nothing to fix this ?
    Please Help of you can.

Thanks
    Michael

Have exactly the same problem, although only occurred after i tried to de-install extended preferences. Wouldn't let me de-install and gave me an error. Soon as that happened i lost my settings icon. Haven't a clue how to get it back without downgrading the firmware and going back through the update procedure again. Not something i want to do...

I am very glad I am not the only one with this weird problem....
    So there must be a fix to this, right?
    I resolved to uninstall apps because they were not showing up on screen and reinstall... which works, but the Settings.app does not show up. If I use MobileFinder I can see the Preference.App, but I think it is in the wrong area. I have tried to use MobileFinder to move it into the App folder but with no luck.

Any Ideas? Really could use some extended IQ help here!

Default Settings Icon Missing
    Same problem. Seems we all should have un-installed all apps except BSD Subsystem...OpenSSH and Installer App. Prior to 1.1.3 Jailbreak.

I think the problem is that in the new firmware files were moved to different locations. So when we tried to un-installed Extended Preferences it caused a Script Error because it could not locate the file/App to un-install it.

Because, in my estimation EP was linked to Settings it caused it to crash and removed the Icon.

I have no answer yet. I have emailed the developer Will for an answer or for him to develop a fix. Like all these things its more than likely something simple. I will wait. Because most all other Apps Work. And others that don't will need rewrites to work with 1.1.3.

Anyone have the answer please post it.

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoyne View Post
    Same problem. Seems we all should have un-installed all apps except BSD Subsystem...OpenSSH and Installer App. Prior to 1.1.3 Jailbreak.

I think the problem is that in the new firmware files were moved to different locations. So when we tried to un-installed Extended Preferences it caused a Script Error because it could not locate the file/App to un-install it.

Because, in my estimation EP was linked to Settings it caused it to crash and removed the Icon.

I have no answer yet. I have emailed the developer Will for an answer or for him to develop a fix. Like all these things its more than likely something simple. I will wait. Because most all other Apps Work. And others that don't will need rewrites to work with 1.1.3.

Anyone have the answer please post it.
    If the developer has an answer to this please do not forget to post the solution. This issue is driving me bonkers. Luckily I changed the preferences auto lock prior to losing the icon. Bossprefs comes in handy because it allows me to turn my wifi on and off. Wondering how long I can go unable to adjust some settings.

Ok... so I figured out the Preference.app thingy....
    I used Transmit to connect to my iPhone. I found the Preference.app in root/library folder and copied it to /Application folder on the phone... logged out and rebooted... voila!

But now there is a different problem... Somehow all my preferences got deleted and when I try to sync my phone to restore my contacts and such.... nothing happens.

I got Springboard to work so, so, but can't sync the darn thing.

Any ideas? I did upgrade iTunes to latest version bu tit does not seem to help.

Hey Guy's
    This jailbreak seemed to be more problematic then one would expect, if only someone really just said "remove all installed items before updating"
    Anyhow like everyone here ive had the same issue but was forced to downgraded the following method...

1.1.1 > jailbroke > 1.1.2 > jailbroke > 1.1.3 jailbroke via installer.
    This site will help with that process (you maybe eligible to skip the downgrade baseband bit, just check in ur settings what the baseband is before doing any rolebacks etc)
    http://www.hackthatphone.com/113/iph...grade_113.html

Just to clean up the mess that was on the phone.
    Installed nothing till 1.1.3 (naturally keep installer/bsd/community sources)

Fixed all but one problem the syncing issue but thats fixed on this thread
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27648

Hope that helps clear things up a little