Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone touch screen issues... tried it all, please help!

Exclamation iphone touch screen issues... tried it all, please help!
    First of all thanks for reading this, i know you all see countless iphone touch screen issues. I have tried it all... I have a 1st Gen iphone upgraded to 2.0... no problems with 2.0

I have soft reset it.
    I have hard reset it by holding the sleep & home buttons till the apple logo comes up and it restarts.
    I have RESTORED it through itunes.
    There is NO CRACKS in the screen or anything...

The unresponsive area is almost the bottom of the screen where the second row of buttons on the keyboard is.. sometimes the outside two buttons work but not all the time.. and even sometimes it seems that area works fine like on the springboard. AGAIN THERE ARE NO CRACKS.. any help other than replacing the screen, which costs so much thats not really an option.. I'd just go buy a new phone. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks Ya'll

Default iPhjone Scren issue
    Quote Originally Posted by ndhill View Post
    First of all thanks for reading this, i know you all see countless iphone touch screen issues. I have tried it all... I have a 1st Gen iphone upgraded to 2.0... no problems with 2.0

I have soft reset it.
    I have hard reset it by holding the sleep & home buttons till the apple logo comes up and it restarts.

The unresponsive area is almost the bottom of the screen where the second row of buttons on the keyboard is.. sometimes the outside two buttons work but not all the time.. and even sometimes it seems that area works fine like on the springboard. AGAIN THERE ARE NO CRACKS.. any help other than replacing the screen, which costs so much thats not really an option.. I'd just go buy a new phone. I would appreciate any and all help. Thanks Ya'll
    Hi, for some time now I am plagued with the same problem for me the 'Q' & '1' dont work, any help will be appreciated, also a link to a good reasonable screen replacement site will be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ndhill View Post

I have soft reset it.

Hi, for some time now I am plagued with the same problem for me the 'Q' & '1' dont work, any help will be appreciated, also a link to a good reasonable screen replacement site will be helpful.
    Last edited by merovee; 2008-10-01 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

um if its still under warrenty call up apple and be like, ***** my screen dont work at the bottom, they will replace as this has happened to alot of the older iphones, they might even do it if ur warrenty has just expired cuz they know its there fault. Good luck
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!