Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: where is the water sensor on the Iphone 3g?

Default where is the water sensor on the Iphone 3g?
    I've done quite a few google searches and forum searches. I only see info on the old iphone.

Where in the world is the sensor on the new iphone 3g?

the one i have has nothing down the headphone jack. (just see metal). But waiting on a replacement phone for some other issue, and the apple rep told me that one of the water sensors had turned pink....

thankfully i got a pass cause the phone was otherwise working perfectly. But seriously, where in the world are the water sensors? I'm still trying to figure out how i triggered a sensor in the first place.....

There has to be one down the headphone jack, I can clearly see mine on my 16gb white iphone3G. I'm also pretty sure there is one located a few mm behind the speakers, so when apple services your phone, then can spot if there was water damage threw the speakers.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kylecchh For This Useful Post:

cartman13 (2008-08-07)

strange, all i see is silver down the headphone jack. thanks for the info!

Default looking in the wrong spot.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecchh View Post
    There has to be one down the headphone jack, I can clearly see mine on my 16gb white iphone3G. I'm also pretty sure there is one located a few mm behind the speakers, so when apple services your phone, then can spot if there was water damage threw the speakers.

Its not behind the speakers......its in the connection port on the bottom....it looks like a white square adjacant to the contacts.....Left side top of the contacts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to owenskp For This Useful Post:

screamforme02 (2009-01-22)

^Yep.....and the headphone jack. There are 2 in the 3g.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

screamforme02 (2009-01-22)

Indeed...I fixed the earphone jack but got caught red handed on the one in the bottom!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Take cotton swap, put bleach on it, swap the indicator, will turn white. Make sure you don't swab too hard or overdip cotton swab in bleach because idicator may come off. If it comes off take some crazy glue and re-apply it.

Got that from another MMi member in this forum.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

wow i didnt know there was one by the contacts on the bottom, i cant see it all i see is fuzz. haha
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

^Yeah, they smartened up a little bit....and realized its possible to get just the bottom portion of the phone wet and fry something.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

yes sir