Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 100% Brick? Any ideas

Default 100% Brick? Any ideas
    Firstly, can i please state im not a noob lol,
    i think ive restored & JB too many times lol - well 5 in total,

Ok Anyone got any more idea for me to try to revive my iBrick?

Currently it turns on, then just sits at the apple screen. After about 5-10mins the "loading" circle thing appears but freezes in place over he silver logo.

So: Phone wont boot, i cant get into restore mode (Holding home & power just cycles power on off on off on off - wont enter restore mode)

ive tried itunes, iphonecomm, iphunc no joys with any.

How'd it happen >> I was on 1.1.3 Nate's JB, restored to 1.1.1 > tried about 20 times to get the tiff exploit to do its thing...last attempt, the phone screen flashed, turned off, apple logo appeared........and been there ever since

im figuring i better go buy a new one lol but wonder if ne1 has ne more thoughts?

J

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Plug it into your computer. Make sure iTunes is open. Hold down Home and Sleep until iPhone shuts off. Let go of Sleep, but KEEP HOLDING HOME. As soon as iTunes says it has detected an iPhone in restore mode (iPhone screen will still be black - if it goes to Connect to iTunes, you held it too long), let go of home button. Restore to 1.1.1. Etc.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Plug it into your computer. Make sure iTunes is open. Hold down Home and Sleep until iPhone shuts off. Let go of Sleep, but KEEP HOLDING HOME. As soon as iTunes says it has detected an iPhone in restore mode (iPhone screen will still be black - if it goes to Connect to iTunes, you held it too long), let go of home button. Restore to 1.1.1. Etc.
    i tried that and failed!

I finally got it working, but i had to switch the phone off, then plus into WALL socket, whilst holding home. (the phone auto powers up)...

Strange but my ability to hold power & home no longer works! it just cycles on & off! if i want restore mode i have to do the above (plug into wall socket) really weird lol

i tried that and failed!

I finally got it working, but i had to switch the phone off, then plus into WALL socket, whilst holding home. (the phone auto powers up)...

Strange but my ability to hold power & home no longer works! it just cycles on & off! if i want restore mode i have to do the above (plug into wall socket) really weird lol

i tried that and failed!

Last edited by jtanner; 2008-01-28 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try this:

1.) First download the required archive http://www.sendspace.com/file/93fx93

2.) Extract the archive to the root of your hard drive, should be C:/DFU/

3.) Connect your iPhone (turn on so the apple logo shows) and ignore iTunes

4.) Goto Start - "run" (Start+R on keyboard) on your PC

5.) Next type in “c:/dfu/dfu iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu”

6.) Wait for iPhone to show a “white” screen

7.) Now you may proceed to downgrade!