Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! "Restricted URL" ??

Default HELP! "Restricted URL" ??
    OK, within the last few days, I've been receiving an error everytime I try to select the youtube link from shazam. Previously I would also get this anytime I try to search for something using WebSearch, but it seems to have resolved itself through restoring/reinstalling websearch. It says "Restricted URL" and tells me the link it didn't load.

Any idea what is causing this and/or how to fix this?

Anyone?
    Last edited by gytheran; 2008-08-07 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Are you the sole owner of the iphone, no parental controls yeah?

Could be software therefore restore, could be your data connection so your service provider

Is it the same link from Shazam each time, or any link for Shazam?

it's every link in shazam and now websearch is doing it again.

i have this same problem, any program i have that tries to access the maps.app gives me the restricted url message i cant use iWant.app or WhereTo.app both of them give me the failed url

im guessing this is a permissions issue what do i type in the terminal of winscp or putty to change the permissions of the maps.app

bump! i need help! perhaps somone can upload their stock 2.0 maps or tell me the permissions i need for putty
    Last edited by stfudvs; 2008-09-08 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wink A little bit late...
    Did you notice that an app which is hide is like a restricted app.
    Try to unhide it (you need to see it on your springboard) and if you call it from an other app it will work now.
    I think there is no way to fix it because of the method to hide apps with poof.

Hope I help

Thumbs up Thank you thank you thank you thank you
    I'd hidden the Mail app and it stopped me from forwarding mail from any app other than Safari . All back to normal now