Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to fix vibrate problems!!!!! Also, what is the damaged files file?

Default How to fix vibrate problems!!!!! Also, what is the damaged files file?
    So I have been going insane trying to figure out why my vibrate didnt work. My phone vibrated for phone calls, but not for anything else. I knew it had something to do with customize. So i went insane. I SSHed the crap out of my phone and came across an interesting file in the deepest parts of my iphone....its a file called damaged files and in it was a vibrationsettings plist. When i looked into it, apparently, there is a file in your frameworks folder called "celestial.frameworks" I clicked it to find all the plists that had to do with vibrate and what not. In it i found and odd file name for what once was vibrationsettings, so I took my dad's iphone, SSHed and found his file, copied it over to my phone, reset, and now it vibrates happily.

What i take from all this, what is this damaged files file, and how do things get added to it.

I hope this helps someone out. If anyone needs the original plist, I will be more than happy to sent it to them. Now before you go thinking this may be a problem solver, check to make sure ur vibrate motor works by downloading iBrate and testing it, if it vibrates, youll know its a software issues. Happy fixing!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Core627 For This Useful Post:

atlking (2008-01-30)

do you recall where this folder is? I do know the layout of the phones contents very well

wheres the file and can i use ibrickr to chane the file out?