Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What Hard Case?

Default What Hard Case?
    well i finnally ordered min from AT&T and now awaiting for them to put the order in and for it to get here....so in the mean time....

I am looking for the MOST protection least amount of bulk and I want one that WONT pop open if you drop it......

(P.S. I already got the best skins ever complete skin thingy...a little worried about applying it though with water and soap...kinda sounds like suicide lol)

thanks everyone....I've decided to go with a silicone case for now until I find something else...or until the otter one comes out and i can see some reviews......anyways I got the malware sports grip....so ill be writing a review about under Accessory Review page
    Last edited by the_bay_mafia; 2008-08-11 at 06:52 PM.

check out the griffin nu form. I bought 5 case for my new 3g through apple and the nu form was the only one I kept. It fits snug, hard shell for bumps and it it's too big. For 29 bucks it's my choice. Good luck!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

Keep a look out for the otterbox 3G defender coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
    Keep a look out for the otterbox 3G defender coming out.
    that thing looks SUPER bulky lol

Quote Originally Posted by the_bay_mafia View Post
    that thing looks SUPER bulky lol
    It's not as bad as it looks in images. At least, imho.

I just got the Otterbox Defender series for the 2G iPhone. It is very nice, and I'm quite confident of it's protection (I work outside a lot). I've tried way too many cases (should probably start putting some of them up for sale....). Leather ones, plastic ones, silicone, wraps, etc., easily $100+ in R&D just to find what I wanted. The OB Defender is the keeper for me. There are many good reviews on it, so I won't repeat that. But...one really nice thing, is that it protects the chrome trim AND still makes it easy to use the side of the screen (i.e. when searching alphabetically through your contacts). Other than wraps, most every case I tried that covered the chrome trim made the edge of the screen unusable. The OB Defender case tilts away from the screen in this area, so that the edge is usable.

Oh...I got mine delivered for half of what most websites are selling them for. Used provantage.com (no affiliation, just a long time customer).

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    It's not as bad as it looks in images. At least, imho.

I just got the Otterbox Defender series for the 2G iPhone. It is very nice, and I'm quite confident of it's protection (I work outside a lot). I've tried way too many cases (should probably start putting some of them up for sale....). Leather ones, plastic ones, silicone, wraps, etc., easily $100+ in R&D just to find what I wanted. The OB Defender is the keeper for me. There are many good reviews on it, so I won't repeat that. But...one really nice thing, is that it protects the chrome trim AND still makes it easy to use the side of the screen (i.e. when searching alphabetically through your contacts). Other than wraps, most every case I tried that covered the chrome trim made the edge of the screen unusable. The OB Defender case tilts away from the screen in this area, so that the edge is usable.

Oh...I got mine delivered for half of what most websites are selling them for. Used provantage.com (no affiliation, just a long time customer).
    thanks everyone....I've decided to go with a silicone case for now until I find something else...or until the otter one comes out and i can see some reviews......anyways I got the malware sports grip....so ill be writing a review about under Accessory Review page

nooo!!! get the switcheasy rebel by far the best of both worlds. you get it on amazon and have it in 3 days for $23 or so comes with dock adapter, 2 crystal screen protectors, cloth 2 clean the screen and a cover for the plug on the bottom, by far the best case i've ever seen or owned and i've owned many. only complaint is by the volume button it bulges a lil bit due to the volume buttons but it can easily can be cut out so it will fit fine.

Welcome to SwitchEasy
    if this post help click the thanks

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post
    nooo!!! get the switcheasy rebel by far the best of both worlds. you get it on amazon and have it in 3 days for $23 or so comes with dock adapter, 2 crystal screen protectors, cloth 2 clean the screen and a cover for the plug on the bottom, by far the best case i've ever seen or owned and i've owned many. only complaint is by the volume button it bulges a lil bit due to the volume buttons but it can easily can be cut out so it will fit fine.

Welcome to SwitchEasy
    danget! too late....that one looks nice.....i might try it if i can find a used one....or when i feel like shelling out some more money....looks nice...i would like to customize it to be red and black not sure if possible

Quote Originally Posted by morphiusrt View Post

Welcome to SwitchEasy
    The Rebel does look cool. But, is the lip that covers the chrome bezel on the Rebel any different than their Capsule model?

If not, it'll scratch the chrome bezel. I used the Capsule both with screen protectors (theirs) and without, and the chrome bezel on my iPhone (before I recently got a new one under warranty), looked like crud. Purchased the Capsule back in 12/07, it sits unused since I noticed this (and read about it more after I found the issue). YMMV.

.................................................. .

now i am really mad after seeing what all comes with it....oh well

don't worry i made the same mistake i bought the agent 18 and said it can't be that bad because for the 1g it was a good case... NOOOOOTT it sux for the 3g. so far i'm up to $55 just on cases in 2 weeks lol.

hartphoto:

this one is silicone i think the capsule was hard plastic (not sure but thats what i assumed) there is no plastic parts that even touch the phone its really the most amazing case i've ever seen every person that sees it says they want it.

definitely the best $25 i ever spent seeing as how i paid $15 just for 2 screen protectors and $30 for just a hard plastic case. and this one comes with all that stuff.

my opinion dish out the money and buy it, you will not be dissatisfied
    if this post help click the thanks