Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok...So I'm heading to the UK in a couple of weeks and I have a question...

Default Ok...So I'm heading to the UK in a couple of weeks and I have a question...
    Ok...So I'm heading to the UK from Ireland in a couple of weeks and I have a question...
    If I stroll myself into an Apple store...Can I purchase an iPhone 3G & activate @ home like before with 2G?
    I'm going over to see Liverpool play 'Boro @ Anfield but I'm flying into Manchester early and plan on hitting the Apple store there pre-match...What a day it could be!!
    -Ross

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

you need to activate in store, but you may be able to work something out if you will use the same carrier from UK that is at you homeland. Or they may give you so many days to activate b4 they charge your account for full price.. Why not just buy in ireland.?
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks

Yeah, just have your direct debit details ready
    To live, you have to lie

So now they activate when purchasing an iphone?, really wanted one but return and cancelled it since i can't pay 30 pound a month, the direct debit is only for check up right?

Thanks

no, the direct debit is so they can charge you each month
    To live, you have to lie

Yeah my main problem is that I'm on Vodafone in Ireland so I'll be buying it to Jailbreak it and unlock it when that eventually happens...No Apple stores in Ireland(embarrassing) so I'd have to go to O2 and sign one of their horrid contracts...Also, they're sold out here until Christmas or something reeeedicularse like that?

You cant just walk in and buy one without signing up to O2 like you could with the 2G - they won't let you leave until you sign up to an O2 contract

Quote Originally Posted by djrossangeles View Post
    Ok...So I'm heading to the UK from Ireland in a couple of weeks and I have a question...
    -Ross
    Its wet , cold and its summer over here. Bring a coat with you

I found one of the ebay seller selling 3 16gb iphone for 275each, trying to get in touch and ask if he willing get me one. Will reply back what his response

Sounds too good to be true..However of it is true then let me know!
    Cheers.
    P.S.
    It's also horrid over this side of the pond weatherwise...Horrid!

These are high street phones sealed as he said, i purchase one a while ago so i am hoping to get asap, will let you know. His name is limelight07 on ebay but i advise you to wait for me to see if it's real before purchasing

12. The Following User Says Thank You to shizumi For This Useful Post:

djrossangeles (2008-08-07)

Cool thanks Shizumi!

as you say to god to be true the guy closed his account, tryong to get my money back ~.~

No waaaaay??
    Always the case if something sounds too good to be true...U should be covered with eBay/Paypal though...