Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading a jailbroken iPhone HELP!!!

Default Upgrading a jailbroken iPhone HELP!!!
    Hello everyone,

I have a question that I have been unable to find a satisfactory answer to.

Here is the situation:

I have an iPhone (firmware 1.1.1) which was jailbroken back in November 2007. I want to restore my iPhone so that I can get the latest firmware update.

My question is, IF I do a restore in iTunes, will I be able to restore my settings/text messages/notes/etc. from the backup? or will the backup NOT work because it was a backup when the phone was in its jailbroken state. Please help, I don't know what to do.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You best bet to avoid future problems would be to set the phone up as new, but fear not there is a backup guide in the guides section.

Check it out and back up the necessary files, restore and replace those files.

PS. Check out the guides section because in the guides section many questions people ask area already answered in the guides section of this website. Just in case you missed what I said there is a guides section at the top of the screen called guides, that is where the freaking guides section is and you should check out the guides section before posting. Because your question is probably already answered there in the guides section.
    Last edited by defmute; 2008-08-05 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Forgot to mock one post wonder of a poster

if you sync your contacts to outlook, they will all come back. The notes will not. You could always email the notes to your self.

So...I'm assuming that the backup file that iTunes creates when I sync is useless?

Anyone???
    Last edited by paulfilm_ltd; 2008-08-05 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I still can't find an answer to this. If update my firmware from 1.1.1 to 2.0 , can I/will I be able to restore the iTunes backup to retrieve my SMS, Call history, Notes, etc? Or will the backup not work because it was created from a jailbroken firmware??? I do not want to lose my SMS or Notes.