Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fetch email not fetching...

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Fetch email not fetching...
    Hi All,

I have a 3G phone, jailbroken, and my fetch email does not seem to work.

I have the email set to fetch every 15 minutes, and verified the acocunts are set to fetch also, but I send emails from my PC, and 20, 30....60 minutes later, no emails.

Once I tap on the mail aplication, then it checks and the emails appear.

I only noticed this now, and I installed Intelliscreen, and of course always is reporting no mail as the phone does not seem to be checking.

I tried to search, but mostly found that people were having issues with push, and not fetch. Hopefully I'll be updating to 2.01 in a few days or so once the tools come out, but just curious if its a known bug or problem?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

What email service are you using, make sure POP or IMAP is enable on your email account. It seems as if your specific account is not set to automatically fetch emails, even though you have to it globally fetch your POP or IMAP emails.

Even if you mail.app to fetch email every 15 minutes, Go to: Settings - Fetch New Data - Advance - then make sure you account is set to push every 15 minutes.

push option has to be off....for the fetch to work

if it is unable to push it will fetch it so push doesn't have to be off

that's a negative...it's tells you right there on the phone that fetch is used for when push is off..or for apps that don't support push

In this case..the mail app does support push..do in order to fetch..pushed should be turned off...it's very simple