• Using Nate's 1.13

6 12.50%
  • Using Nate's but gonna change to Dev's

3 6.25%
  • Waiting for iphone Dev's 1.13

20 41.67%
  • Screw that staying where I am!

15 31.25%

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who's waiting Poll

Default Who's waiting Poll
    With all the hype surrounding the 1.13 release, am I the only one waiting for iphone dev's release, cause it seems it's gonna work properly where as this one seems to have a load of errors!

They ALLL have fixes.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

im waiting. hoping to get a real solution to be able to use a sim solution in the next release with all features and no glitches or bugs.

if i have to hardware unlock to be able to use 1.1.3 then thats when ill do it, til then im stickin with 1.1.2otb unlock via hypersim with not even 1 issue.

Default Waiting :)
    Here's the reason why I'm waiting:

Reputed iPhone developer Jonathan Zdziarski told iPhone Atlas:

“It looks like Nate’s update causes Nikita to break (Nikita is the component on the iPhone/iTouch responsible for installing signed software, such as the iPod App Pack and likely SDK apps in the future),” adding “We believe this is because the soft-update method that was released doesn’t update the kernel cache, so users are likely still booting into the 111 or 112 kernel, which is lacking the necessary DRM components to verify/decrypt packages with Nikita.”

Here's the entire article:

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/01/2...rd-party-apps/

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegun View Post
    Here's the reason why I'm waiting:

Reputed iPhone developer Jonathan Zdziarski told iPhone Atlas:

“It looks like Nate’s update causes Nikita to break (Nikita is the component on the iPhone/iTouch responsible for installing signed software, such as the iPod App Pack and likely SDK apps in the future),” adding “We believe this is because the soft-update method that was released doesn’t update the kernel cache, so users are likely still booting into the 111 or 112 kernel, which is lacking the necessary DRM components to verify/decrypt packages with Nikita.”

Here's the entire article:

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/01/2...rd-party-apps/
    Cheers,
    it's the reason I ain't changing yet cause there's a reason nate got kicked out and as much as nate's skills r good iphone devs I am sure together wil work it out properly!

69 views 13 votes! let's see if we can get 1000 votes on this true representation then??
    Last edited by straff2002; 2008-01-26 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was very excited to see the 1.1.3 jb released and patiently watched the forum for the results, after seeing all the problems etc i decided to hold off and wait for more info. Over the past few days nothing has improved and i feel that the 1.1.3 just aint worth the jump

Im now waiting for a solid release and wont be posting any more awww just hurry up and lets have it stuff!!

SDK still interests me and im really wondering what will happen once it hits, my jailbreaked 1.1.2 iphone is currently rock solid and im enjoying all the apps ive installed, good edge/bluetooth/wifi etc no way do i plan on risking any of that just so my icons can wiggle ! Customise does a GREAT job and im not gunna break it !

Anyway, back to crysis :P

2 cents posted

I am for sure waiting for Devs jailbreak!! Every guide Ive looked at theres always more errors than success. So I can wait just a little longer for the true release. It sounds pretty ghetto anyway! Just check this poll out. Only 68 people have succeeded.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I am waiting for a 100% 1.1.3 working on 1.1.2 OTB

I am still on 1.1.1 and waiting for software unlock of 1.1.2 OTB. I want to buy one for my wife and currently only 1.1.2 are being sold here. And I don't want to use xxxsim unless I really have to.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

iblade, if u wait any longer u may not even have a sim solution option.

1.1.2 are being pushed out and 1.1.3 are filling stores everywhere ( i have no idea where you live tho )

but yah the longer u wait, the better chance u have of getting a 1.1.3 and then no unlock at all.

1.1.2 atleast offers u the chance to use a sim solution, or do the hw method. or atleast go buy one n hold it for now til something comes up

Well I am going to buy a new iPhone monday while I can get 1.1.2 here in Turkey and also get a xxxsim just to be safe and keep hoping for a software unlock. I even consider hw unlock.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

ill gonna wait until the 1.13 work fine and everything fixed... cuz i like so much where i am now (1.1.1)
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tavillo's Avatar
    Thanks

ill gonna wait until the 1.13 work fine and everything fixed... cuz i like so much where i am now (1.1.1)

Last edited by Tavillo; 2008-01-31 at 01:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If i help u n some way give me a tnks!!
    Theres no other, all i can say is MMi Rocks!!

1.1.1 iPhone 8GB/Nokia 6131(when im out of country)/Samsungt519(just for emergency)
    PS3 60GB/XBox 360 Elite 120GB/Wii
    iBook n VAIO Laptops

I have a OTB 1.1.2, successfully upgraded both the f/w (soft) and I have the new baseband (locked to AT&T) and have had NO problems with my 3rd party apps. I hope that the apps delivery system works (I followed the Nate true JB)
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

I'm still on 1.1.2 which was what mine was OTB but I don't see the point at all in going to 1.1.3 now and risk losing everything I have. I'm waiting for a while til something good catches my eye.