Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Data Plan?

Default No Data Plan?
    I have at&t. ive read online that you can get rid of the data plan. could i actually unlock the iphone with att and tell them i dont want the data plan and still hack it? i know i wont get edge, but i will get wifi, right?
    if this is true, i can keep my family plan and add an iphone into it as if it were any other phone and not have to get a new plan?

another side question: does gps work w/o edge?

im on the same boat, dont want a data plan, im always near a place with a wifi spot, i changed to the iphone on my second line
    with that i added netservices to make sure edge is disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by romantiko View Post
    im on the same boat, dont want a data plan, im always near a place with a wifi spot, i changed to the iphone on my second line
    with that i added netservices to make sure edge is disabled.
    so i can keep my family plan and buy an iphone and activate it w/ att? then hack it after?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=madetorder;162465

another side question: does gps work w/o edge?[/QUOTE]

No, need edge to download the maps. When they make the gps add-on for the phone it MIGHT work without maps, but they will need to be installed map packs. the downside of this is it will eat up spac on your phone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings