Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is killing me!!!

Default Apple is killing me!!!
    Okay. So. Not too long ago, the bottom of my touch screen became not responsive to my touch. It was the dock, the most important part of the phone, so it's pretty much useless without it. I called up apple, then sent me a box, I sent it in, and I just got it back with a nice little note that says,
    "Enclosed you will find your original Apple iPhone. Your iPhone could not be repaired because of the following reason:
    Damage to the iPhone was caused by an accident, abuse, misuse or misapplication."
    I spent so much money on this phone. There is NO WAY I would have abused it!! I've read all online about how people drop their phones, send it in, and Apple fixes it for them. Why is Apple being so mean!!!

I'm going to give them an earful tomorrow. Any suggestions on what I should say, that would convince them into either giving me a new phone, or fixing mine??

Thanks for you help!!!
    -Cody

Thanks

You can talk to them til you're blue in the face, they don't care. Apple has made their stance abundantly clear, if they've found you muddled with their precious iPhone, your warranty is void. Period.

That includes unlocked, jailbreaking, not having an AT&T contract, and on and on...
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    You can talk to them til you're blue in the face, they don't care. Apple has made their stance abundantly clear, if they've found you muddled with their precious iPhone, your warranty is void. Period.

That includes unlocked, jailbreaking, not having an AT&T contract, and on and on...
    Well, i've heard stories where people "talked" them into fixing their phone.
    -Cody

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post

You don't need an ATT contract, so long as you don't let them know you were using the phone off of ATT.

I would take it into the store. problem is they probably blacklisted the serial. When you take it into the store they usually just replace for you right there. Much safer.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    You don't need an ATT contract, so long as you don't let them know you were using the phone off of ATT.

I would take it into the store. problem is they probably blacklisted the serial. When you take it into the store they usually just replace for you right there. Much safer.
    I would take it to a store, but the closest one is 3 hours away!
    -Cody

Had you Jailbroken/Unlocked the phone before you sent it in, or did you do a restore on it first?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    On the contrary. They will check if your SIM/Phone has been activated with AT&T, if it hasn't, no dice. This also depends of course, if the Apple store clerk gives a damn about doing his job. Look for some young punk who looks like he really doesn't want to be there.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Piazza331 View Post
    Had you Jailbroken/Unlocked the phone before you sent it in, or did you do a restore on it first?
    I completely restored it before I sent it in. I didn't even restore my data on it after it restored.
    -Cody