Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contact photo path

Default Contact photo path
    Does anyone know where to find the path of a contact photo? I ask because I assigned a photo taken from the camera saved directly to the contact and not to photo roll...or if it ever went there its not there anymore. My friend has passed away and I am trying to get what appears one of the best pics of him from my phone to friends and family....thanks for any help.

I figured out a poor mans way to do this. I selected the contact, hit edit, tapped on the photo, selected edit photo, when it came up as big as I can get it I took a screen shot.....hehe then I cropped and resized the ever loving FU@# out of it. so if anyone ever is in a similar situation try it.
    Last edited by boyscout; 2008-08-05 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Figured out a poor mans way
    Live Forever Or Die Trying!

Default photo path
    well the photo path where you take photos normally is: /User/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/

This is on my 2.0.1 version iphone

is this what you needed?

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi,

I am looking for the pohoto as well.
    I took a photo of my friend directly from contact editing and it is not saved anywhere?
    In contact there is only small icon, but when I call my friend, big photo comes up, so it must be saved somewhere?

Does any1 kno where? and no, it is not /User/Media/DCIM/100APPLE/

There must be a path which stores "big" sizes of contact images.

Thanks

Hey, sorry, I don't have the answer but I'm wondering the same thing. I have a contact photo but the original has been deleted, and yet the contact photo still shows up when the phone rings. I've been looking through iphone directories for about an hour to no avail.

You haven't figured it out yet have you?

If I do, I'll post it here.

EDIT:
    In case anyone needs this in the future, here's the solution hoping google will point you here.

Found it, how to get contact photos off your iPhone even if the original pic has been deleted or if you used the phonebook app to take the contact pic. And guess what----there's an app for that! Sort of.

Assuming you are jailbroken, have OpenSSH installed and know how to login to your iphone here is the path:

/private/var/mobile/Libary/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

click and drag that file to your desktop or where ever you like. Now you'll need Firefox and the add-on called SQLite Manager. Once you've installed the SQLite Manager you can use that to open the AddressBookImages.sqlitedb file.

In Firefox choose tools>SQLite Manager
    In SQLite Manager in left pane choose ABImage

You'll see a list of items, double click on row 1, a drawer window will pop down, click the little disk icon at lower right, save as pic1.jpg to somewhere easy like your desktop, you can always move the file around later. Back out of the window by clicking cancel, then move down to the next row and repeat using pic2.jpg. Naming in numbered order helps prevent confusion in case of a lot of files.

And voila, you have the pic! Worked for me at least.

Credit to TESEV at macrumors where he also explains it with pics:
    [ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=603815]extract contact photo from AddressBookImages.sqlitedb - Mac Forums[/ame]
    Last edited by geminiboi; 2009-11-20 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone zYxMa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geminiboi View Post
    Hey, sorry, I don't have the answer but I'm wondering the same thing. I have a contact photo but the original has been deleted, and yet the contact photo still shows up when the phone rings. I've been looking through iphone directories for about an hour to no avail.

You haven't figured it out yet have you?

If I do, I'll post it here.

EDIT:
    In case anyone needs this in the future, here's the solution hoping google will point you here.

Found it, how to get contact photos off your iPhone even if the original pic has been deleted or if you used the phonebook app to take the contact pic. And guess what----there's an app for that! Sort of.

Assuming you are jailbroken, have OpenSSH installed and know how to login to your iphone here is the path:

/private/var/mobile/Libary/AddressBook/AddressBookImages.sqlitedb

click and drag that file to your desktop or where ever you like. Now you'll need Firefox and the add-on called SQLite Manager. Once you've installed the SQLite Manager you can use that to open the AddressBookImages.sqlitedb file.

In Firefox choose tools>SQLite Manager
    In SQLite Manager in left pane choose ABImage

You'll see a list of items, double click on row 1, a drawer window will pop down, click the little disk icon at lower right, save as pic1.jpg to somewhere easy like your desktop, you can always move the file around later. Back out of the window by clicking cancel, then move down to the next row and repeat using pic2.jpg. Naming in numbered order helps prevent confusion in case of a lot of files.

And voila, you have the pic! Worked for me at least.

Credit to TESEV at macrumors where he also explains it with pics:
    extract contact photo from AddressBookImages.sqlitedb - Mac Forums
    This is great news. Thanks for that, but why I didn't work this out. Such obvious file extension ;p
    Last edited by zYxMa; 2009-11-24 at 01:25 AM.