Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken Ring/Vibrate Switch, Software Solution?

Default Broken Ring/Vibrate Switch, Software Solution?
    I broke the switch on the side and want to know if I can still switch ring/vibe status via some sort of app (terminal?)...Anyone know if this exists?

I have the Same problem , Please any solution ?

ok i have a kind of a solution for u...this is what i do since i take my iphone with me to places i am not allowed to and i dont trust that silent button!!!

i have attached for u the required files...

for the ringtone u will lose ur original xylophone and will have a muted xylophone
    so that when u want u choose the ringtone xylophone which has no sound and the phone vibrates normally!!!

go to winscp from library ---ringtones replace the original file with the one i gave u.... u can rename it to any available ringtone on ur phone to replace!

and for the sms just choose none!!

and for safety lower ur iphone's ringer volume

good luck
    Attached Files Attached Files

Due to populate demand, we have introduced Bypass silent switch feature.

You can use "Auto Silent" app to disable or bypass iPhone Silent switch. If your switch was broken in silent mode, it will restore all sounds including ring. Then you can use Auto Silent app to put phone into silent mode.
    The app supports iPhone 2G, 3G and 3GS and OS firmware 2.2, 3.0, 3.1

This app can also be used by those people whose silent switch is loose or accidently put phone into silent mode.

There is provision to put phone into silent mode automatically using pre-configured settings in the app or according to appointments in iPhone Calendar.
    Provision to put phone into silent mode based on timer. The phone will come out of silent mode automatically once timer goes off. Useful for people who puts phone into silent mode but forget to unmute it. Useful when you go for a movie and forget to unmute once movie is done.

More info at iPhone Packers: iPhone dev team

The app can be downloaded through Cydia. Search for "Auto Silent" on Cydia. You neeed to jailbreak in order to install Cydia. Search for "How to jailbreak iPhone" on google.