Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No voice in a call without the speaker ON

Default No voice in a call without the speaker ON
    Hi all

Suddenly my iPhone OTB 1.1.3 has stopped sending voice to the normal speaker, it only send voice to external Speaker so everytime I'm making or receiving a call I have to click on th Speaker icon to hear the other side.

It happened only 2 hours ago and before that I heared a buzzing sound everytime I'm making or receiving a call but I was still able to hear the other side.

Is this a software or hardware problem ?
    Anyone has experienced such a thing ?

i had that problem before too with my 1st gen iphone... i did a restore and all was well... though i did jailbreak my phone so i think it had something to do with that and installing certain hacks/tweaks... now if it a hardware problem i would check my warranty information on the apple website
    https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

First try "Restore all settings" in Settings on your iPhone.
    Solved a similiar problem for me.

I had the same problem but all i did too fix it was plug my headphones into it and take them out. DONE!
    Last edited by dangerousandre; 2008-08-05 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by theplague View Post
    First try "Restore all settings" in Settings on your iPhone.
    Solved a similiar problem for me.
    This worked for me so far
    but the buzzing sound is still there during a call when the other side speaks

Thanks plague
    Last edited by Tronky; 2008-08-05 at 08:31 PM.

Not working again

I tried a restore this time but it didn't work, more over the installer has gone (

I forgot to tell you that my iPhone is jailbroken

Turned out to be an internal speaker fault
    must be changed to get it to work again
    Last edited by Tronky; 2008-08-10 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost