Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: POLL: What's your iPhone 3G's average battery life?

Talking POLL: What's your iPhone 3G's average battery life?
    I'm getting mine in the mail in a couple of days, and I'm literally quivering in anticipation! The only way to relieve that seems to be to learn more about it and ask questions.

I was wondering what you folks have experienced as far as battery life goes...do you make it through an average day without using a charger/external battery? Also, is 3G something that can be turned on and off, and (if so) will leaving it off during standby time help my battery life?

Mine Goes About 10 Hours Straight When I'm

Listening to some music
    Texting People
    Playing Computer Games
    And Surfing the Internet *A LITTLE*

The Battery life is 10 times better than The Original iPhone
    Latest Sig

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

My battery is good, i mean i could play all of my apps, while listening to music and having my screen contrast on its high and still go through a whole days worth of usage. Of course im not talking about using it without taking breaks, but still.

The iPhones battery really is over critisezed, people just dont realize the little things they can do to save their battery, like turn of 3G when on wifi, turn down screen contrast, turn off automatic email check, things like that.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Anyone else want to share this info? Any other tips for saving battery life as well?

Thanks

well my battery is good. The Internet kills it in a few hours. To save battery I turn off 3g, wifi, turn the screen down all the way, turn of push, turn fetch to manually, and put it in sleep mode if I'm listening to music

What do push and fetch do, anyways?

fetch checks your email every 15, or 30 min. Push listens in the background when you have email. It will instantly get your email when it hits the server.