Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to downgrade itunes 7.6 to 7.5?

Default How to downgrade itunes 7.6 to 7.5?
    Please help me! How to downgrade itunes 7.6 to 7.5? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

uninstall 7.6. head over to www.filehippo.com and look for itunes 7.6. when it says download is ready... on the right side of your browser it will list all older versions. click 7.5 and on the main part of the page the file will change to 7.5, or whatever version you want.

Hey how do u delete itunes 7.6?? get rid of the whole itunes or what?

Thanks

if you're on Windows, you go to control panel and click on add/remove programs...

Note: this is true on the Mac, although I'll bet a similar solution exists for Windows. (I just don't know where the folder in question is located on that platform.)

iTunes 7.6 updates the music library so that previous iTunes versions no longer work. If you try to boot 7.5 or earlier AFTER you've already used 7.6, iTunes will give you an error and then quit. For that reason, if you need to temporarily use iTunes 7.4 or 7.5 (for reverting iPhone versions, for example), then you should go to your home_directory/Music/ and then change the name of the iTunes folder (again, temporarily) to something like iTunesHOLD. Then you'll be able to successfully boot the earlier version of iTunes. Then, when you want to revert back to the latest version 7.6, you'll need to go back to your home_directory/Music folder, get rid of the new iTunes folder that was created (be careful to delete the right one, or else you'll be discarding your entire music library), and then rename the original renamed folder (in this example, iTunesHOLD) back to its original name (iTunes).

Hope this proves useful for someone.

Randy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Randy For This Useful Post:

thambi98 (2008-02-10)

I can't even open up iTunes now after I attempted the downgrade!?!?