Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why is 1.0.2 still the best firmware?

Default Why is 1.0.2 still the best firmware?
    Ever since I started with this whole jailbreaking business, I allways noticed something. after the first time I upgraded from 1.0.2, my iPhone was never the same.

First of all, when I turn my iphone horizontaly so that my browser's webpage spins around, it doesn't show the spinning animation anymore. it just lags for a second and then it's turned, just like that. This only happens the first time you launch the browser, after that it works fine until you reboot your phone or completly close the browser app (holding down the button)

after a while I thought this was only a problem with my phone but then I took my mom's iPhone and my girlfriends iPhone and i did a comparison between them all, with mine running 1.0.2 and theirs running other firmware (up to 1.1.3) this lagging problem with the browser happens in every firmware except for 1.0.2

Also, pressing the power buttons at the same exact time, the 1.0.2 phone was the one to boot up faster than the rest.

There's also significant lag when entering the SMS messages on every firmware except for 1.0.2

I am sure some of you have noticed this, 1.0.2 is still the best firmware, performance wise. Why can't they fix this? the phone is notably slower now than when I first bought it.

all tests were done on the phones with no apps installed, no pictures, music or video, etc. test was made right after firmware was installed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

i imagine its because theyre adding more stuff to the firmware... the file sizes are bigger as new FWs are released! lol, but i agree with you that 102 is the best... simply because my wifi only works when im on 102. its grey when on 111 or 112... well see about 113.

so until i can get my hands on a working wifi 111 phone... 102 i5 7h3 b357!!!!one

Thanks

many people laugh on this thread, 1.0.2 best firmware? can you receive a SMS from bank there or masked mobile SMS? NO..only 1.1.1 have a fix there and 1.1.2 is already updated for that matter.How about the international code error? although there is a fix mentioned on other thread, NO NEED for that on 1.1.2. Battery last longer on 1.1.2 according to a poll survey here in modmyi. If you see the the result of a poll, which is the best firmware for this FOR SURE 1.0.2 is the last. maybe 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 will be either first or second. Regarding the speed of performance? Many will disagree on ur point of view.

NO HURT FEELING bro, this is the fact!
    Last edited by theone77; 2008-01-25 at 11:44 PM.
    DoNt ForGeT to Say "THanK You" using tHe THANKS ButToN if you found my post helpful

Apple iPhoNe 3GS Factory Unlocked 3.1.2 All working flawlessly!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

i suppose. but what good are international features when im not going anywhere anytime soon. also, if its features you want, then it makes sense why i like 102. wifi works! so what good is 111/112 if wifi is garbage and all the guides are written for wifi? nothanks. ill stick to 102 and learn to do things myself.

I completely disagree with you, My phone 1.1.3 on Rogers-Canada is GREAT!
    I do believe I have a very slight lag in sms, however the rest of the phone and features are perfect..
    I put my phone in my MM50 and the lyrics are know there and to top it off I have ipod controls on my home screen and I have never had any problems with WIFI.

My phone also now has google map locater (Brilliant) shows me exactly where I am.
    Am I missing something? no! but I think you might be...

i get quite a noticeable lag in SMS in 1.1.3 and 1.1.4

1.1.2 was ok as far as i remember

Thanks

Default Errrr. NO.
    Stop trying to justify your use of older firmware, when it is blatently the worst one out of the four.

What happened to your WiFi is your problem, not the firmware's (you probably didn't virginize correctly). Removal of Wifi isn't a feature that I added when I upgraded. Therefore this argument is now: as greyed out as your WiFi.

I compared a 1.0.2 phone to 1.1.3 phone not too long ago. 1.0.2 was slower by my judgement, I'm afraid. Probably because of the 12Mhz boost to the CPU from 1.1.2 onwards.
    I update only when it's significant; so I'm on 1.1.3 at the moment.
    Yes, slight lag in SMS, but that's ok in comparison to:
    -no international support
    -numbers not matching with contact names
    -very unstable Safari browser, that did not always respond to a change in orientation
    -coverflow glitches
    Are these the "more features" you speak about? Well, keep them.

And please. How on earth can you tell me that 1.0.2 is better, when I'm sure you can't even use half the apps out there that add on to the phones potential? You must have seen the message in installer: (this application requires firmware 1.1.1 and later).

But hey, you're right in one thing guys; 1.0.2 is faster at one thing. Crashing.

Will you just update your damn phone and get more features, support and security, instead of trying to grab on to little inane reasons to stay on a very old unstable firmware.

I'm done.
    Last edited by dale1v; 2008-03-21 at 08:38 AM.