Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone tell me where stanzas Ebooks download to

Default Can someone tell me where stanzas Ebooks download to
    I would love if someone could tell me where the e-book reader STANZA downloads its books to because i want to add some books manually and need to know where the directory is located using Winscp. PLEASE PLEASE can someone lead me in the right direction

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

I also would like to know this.

Stanza stores it's books in it's own app folder in /private/var/mobile/Applications/"stanza folder".

The stanza folder will be named something different on each iPod, so you'll need to ssh into your iPod and use the find command. You can find an example of how to use the find command by googleing it. The stanza folder then has a folder named docs or something like that, and that is where the books are.

Has anyone been able to SSH ebooks into Stanza w/o using Stanza Desktop?

Default Finally figured it out
    I have figured out how to put your own books using ssh.
    Download a free ebook (I used Gutenburg project) on stanza.
    ssh into the iphone and find that book. And the book has several sections in xhtml file format. Just used notepad to edit the xhtml. Copy/paste your book in there. and just save it. viola.
    The ebook (even though under a different title) is in your iphone and works 100%. Btw i love rubooks but the not being able to change the color was the best feature but doesn't work in the >2.0 firmwares. So had to go through all this. If you have basic html and ssh experience, you probably can change the title and everything on it also.

Lightbulb Solution
    Note: any software that can transfer files over to the iPhone can be used for this method of transferring books in bulk. When Stanza launches, any files it finds in the folder named "/var/mobile/Media/DCIM/Stanza" will be imported into Stanza.

Source: Lexcycle

Default Finally!!!
    This is great. Finally a decent solution for converting PDF to EPUB and making it available to your iphone. Even when I finally finagled a convert that didn't look like crap, stanza was often quirky about letting me access my books from my computer. So far this calibre app is looking very promising as an app that does the convert, downloads decent meta data, and allows you to seamlessly access and download your books onto your iphone.

I think I'm going to DONATE!