Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New and Have Questions

Default New and Have Questions
    Hello All
    I am new to this forum and have a general question about my iPhone. I purchased it on the day of its release and quickly unlocked it and havent looked back since.. Heres my problem... I have yet to sync it up to my computer for fear of losing all the apps and custom things i have done to it.. i currently have firmware 1.0.2 running on it.. If i am to sync it to my computer and do a firmware update on the phone.. will i lose all my apps and custom stuff?

Yes you will lose your 3rd party apps, but your contacs music pictures preferences will be backed up and after your upgrade you can sync them back. I upgraded to 1.1.1 and have reinstalled my 3rd party apps and have no problem whatsoever. Good luck.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

SSH into it and save all of your folders. There is a guide on which folders to say. After all the updates are done SSH the folders back in and they will already be formatted for you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings