Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer Update: August 2

Default Installer Update: August 2
    The RiP Dev Team has just released a new update on their installer 4.0. Taken directly from RiP Dev Blog, without the one picture, here is what is said...

"Call For Repo Owners

Thank you very much for your support guys. We’re alive, we’re ironing out some stuff (still), and we’re ready to start kicking some serious butt in a little while.

Meanwhile, if you host a moderately big repository for Installer 3.x, this is a call for you. Please email me the URL to your repo and a brief description about it, and we’ll start sending out the new repo code along with the specs and the Installer beta on Sunday.

Please note, that picking out the repos is going to be at my own discretion, so please don’t be disappointed if we don’t pick you right away. Please also understand that I will not be able to reply to everyone personally.

Thanks!

Comments are off, to save my and your time

PS We love you! "

And there we have it, meaning an Installer BETA will be sent to some of the larger repo hosts to test out the new code and get ready for the release most likely on Sunday, so...be expecting a release soon I am thinking, but not positive...

BTW if for any reason this thread MUST be deleted, just say so...but I'll only listen to mods/admins that say so...

Personal bump.
    Last edited by polishdemon; 2008-08-02 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

2. The Following User Says Thank You to polishdemon For This Useful Post:

gatorboy (2008-08-03)

quick question. what do you do if you want installer and not cydia? I pwned my iphone today and because installer isnt out, i installed cydia. but when installer gets released i want to get rid of cydia. how do i do that? im on 2.0 right now. an att customer but i dont have the iphone plan. using a iphone first gen.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Simple uninstall through cydia go to manage packages and uninstall

oh hahaha. i thought i read somewhere that you couldnt do it like that. maybe i mistaken. thanks.
    IpodLover77 @ Hofo

Just repwn it........ when they add it

Quote Originally Posted by joeg679 View Post
    What is a repo?
    If you ever used the old installer, or have heard of how to use installer, or now use Cydia, you may have noticed that you can add sources. Well those sources are basically repositories, in other words there are packages/apps that are contained in that repo that you can download to your iPod Touch/iPhone and use. Hope that helped Kind of a confusing definition but thats the easiest way I can explain it.
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    Two MGS Ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by ipodlover77 View Post
    quick question. what do you do if you want installer and not cydia? I pwned my iphone today and because installer isnt out, i installed cydia. but when installer gets released i want to get rid of cydia. how do i do that? im on 2.0 right now. an att customer but i dont have the iphone plan. using a iphone first gen.
    Why get rid of it? Keep it and have the best of both worlds....

Exactly, I'm gonna keep up with the updates on Cydia for apps I already have, and for installer, just use the best apps i can find from there.
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    Two MGS Ringtones