Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saving the settings for apps from the appstore

Default How to backup .ipa saved games and settings to restore later? (not the ipa itself)
    i have a question. i have a lot of programs & games that i downloaded from the appstore. now with firmware 2.0 being relatively new, i have had to reinstall the firmware a couple of times to get things to work perfectly. the downside to all this is that when i install games and such, i loose ALL my saved data. the only way they are backed up is if the info is stored on the developers server, like ReQall (great app btw). anyway, games like supermonkey ball, brain trainer, accufuel, and aim save all the data within the app. so my question is, how do i back up all the data so when i reinstall the apps, after a restore? are they in a folder or something? how can keep all my saved games and data. its annoying having to reinstall everything and having to reenter all the info. are these files encrypted? im sure many people are wondering if there is a way to do so. thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Iman07; 2008-08-03 at 04:40 PM.

you can backup

data
    /var/mobile/Applications/<app>/Documents

preference
    /var/mobile/Applications/<app>/Library/Preferences/<app>.plist

when you reinstall app, put it back

3. The Following 4,294,967,295 Users Say Thank You to blue_wind For This Useful Post:

thank you! I'll try that out.

**but wait, when you say <app> do you mean the actual application itself? im sure u know that apps from the appstore do not show up in the application folder. so what am i backing up exactly? looks like im backing up apps that i SSH'd over only. thats not what i am looking for.
    Last edited by Iman07; 2008-08-03 at 04:38 PM.