Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Might get an iPhone, lots of questions

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Might get an iPhone, lots of questions
    I am looking into getting an iPhone off craigslist, but I have a few questions:
    1. The iPhone has a crack on the top left of the screen, but the phone still works, would I be able to take it to an Apple Store and get it repaired?
    2. Can I just walk into T-Mobile and sign up for a service plan? (After unlocking of course)
    3. The iPhone does not have a SIM in it, will T-Mobile give me one?
    4. Will they let me sign up for the T-Mobile T-Zones thing in store?
    5. Will this plan work with the iPhone? I have looked into it, and it seems ok...:
    I want to get the $29.99 300 minute plan (individual) and add T-Zones on to it for $5.99, this should be ok?
    Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by neodude237; 2008-08-01 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks

1. depends on how the crack got there. Apple is not responsible for negligence.
    -also, is it still under warranty?
    2. You can walk in, just get the cheapest free phone they have and add T-ZONE, and then switch the sim card into the iphone when you get home. Plus you now have a perfectly good backup phone.

my advise, find a phone that does not have damage, the original owner managed to crack it, imagine the other stuff he did to it that doesnt show up cosmetically.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I am going to wait a couple days before I go through with any trade. But T-Mobile won't allow me to just add my iPhone? I have to get another phone first? (Well, that still beats AT&T) Also, I don't expect Apple to fix it for free, I meant would they fix it for a fee?