Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Ebay alright?

Default Is Ebay alright?
    I see many unlocked iphones on ebay for sale. Are all these ok?

here is an example of one

http://cgi.ebay.com/UNLOCKED-BRAND-N...QQcmdZViewItem

Ebay is ok if you want unlocked. But you can get the turbosim urself also from ebay and do it yourself. Locked or not, ebay is quite expensive too. I was not gona buy any ebay i phone unless I got it for around 350-370 but after a week of trying, I ended up getting one for 406 at the least, minus shipping.

is iit very easy to install it and jailbreak and all that? kinda new to this, sorry.

thank you very much!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

It's pretty easy, if you know computer basics. The reason eBay is so expensive is because you are paying for a service. Nobody is going to buy a 400 dollar phone, unlock it for you, and sell it for less.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    It's pretty easy, if you know computer basics. The reason eBay is so expensive is because you are paying for a service. Nobody is going to buy a 400 dollar phone, unlock it for you, and sell it for less.
    well i have computer basics at least. any place to find a complete walkthrough of exactly what to do, need, etc?

thx

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

So long as your know your firmware version, there is a nice walkthrough in these very forums. Just give it a search
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I buy mine on ebay for 520 canadian $ all include.. it work perfectly ( 1.1.1 OTB )
    I love my ifone

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I got mine from ebay unlocked, works perfect

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I got mine from ebay unlocked, works perfect
    how much did it cost? and from what ebay member? jw