Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone battery life

Default Iphone battery life
    is there any thing that some one has installed that kills there batt life any time i use my fone for more then a min the bat goes down and dosent last like it use to any one got a solution

Wow. You weren't even close to posting this in the right section....
    And my battery life is fine.

Reako

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

khil (2008-01-24)

Yeah, I have a iPod Touch and yeah the battery life is kinda crappy if you ask me. I wonder if its cause of all the apps. So what I have done is lowered the brightness, turn wifi off when not in use and when playing music or not using the device, I just press the button once to conserve battery life.

When playing games or something or playing music, battery life is ok. When surfing the net, I noticed it takes some battery. Its alright for battery life, but it could be improved to make it better in my opinion.

sry about the wrong fourm but you seriously dont have to be a **** about it

Whoa I answered the question...Besides. You gave us no useful information. How often do you use the phone throughout the day? Is it Jailbroken or Unlocked? What apps are installed? SSH? All these items play a key factor on your precious battery life. Give me some more info, and I'll try to help out. No hard feelings.

Reako

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Reako For This Useful Post:

khil (2008-01-24)

Thanks

Hey alucardunit1,

i had the extact same problem a few days ago - what i did was discharge the battery completly ( dont do this all the time tho. ) and when it was completly discharged (not even turning on) i recharged the iphone over night (if the iphone turns on when you plug the charger in, turn off the iphone - for some reason doin a fully charge when the iphone was off working best for me)

doing this kinda rebooted the recharge cycle of the battery.

give it ago, it work for me -my iphone uses about 50% battery all day after a full charge - this is with wifi connect the hole time as well. alot better than before.

also what fw you on? - i had bad problems on 1.0.2 and now i have upgrade to 1.1.2

khil.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ma5t3rw1tt View Post
    Yeah, I have a iPod Touch and yeah the battery life is kinda crappy if you ask me. I wonder if its cause of all the apps. So what I have done is lowered the brightness, turn wifi off when not in use and when playing music or not using the device, I just press the button once to conserve battery life.

When playing games or something or playing music, battery life is ok. When surfing the net, I noticed it takes some battery. Its alright for battery life, but it could be improved to make it better in my opinion.
    Wifi is just going to end up sucking your battery dry period. This is the case with any handhheld and laptop on the market today. The battery is fine with today's standards if with a full battery you get about 5 hours of internet.

As a note to all others, apps will not run your battery unless they are running in the background. Something like chess will not drain your battery (when you are not playing it of course) while an app that does popups for Birthdays (called iBirthday I think) will.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

khil (2008-01-24)