Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help please with internet access on iphone

Unhappy Help please with internet access on iphone
    Hi everybody,
    My new unlocked UK iphone arrived this morning, what a piece of equipment. I'm needing some urgent advice, I use the internet alot on my phone for various things and can't get on the internet using my PAYG sim card. All other functions are working except anything involving the internet. Does someone know how I can go about this or maybe advise me on settings etc? I'll happily throw you some money via paypal if you could help me activate this service. Its a UK phone, unlocked for use with my PAYG O2 sim. Its a version 1.1.2 I believe

Hope to hear from someone out there soon.

Regards
    JAMES

Thanks

Hi James, well I can try to help. First thing's first, you want to make sure that your iPhone is jailbreaked and has Installer set up. there's a guide here

Second thing is that you want to get a connection set up between your PC and iPhone. make sure that you download and install OpenSSH and BSDSubsystem on your iPhone through Installer. Then click here
    to find out how to start going about connecting to your iPhone.

Once you get inside your iPhone and its filesystem, read this guide, here.

Please be aware of the 1.1.3 update, make sure you don't update, or you'll make things a whole lot more complicated
    Good Luck