Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boot Logo Without Repwning???

Default Boot Logo Without Repwning???
    Hey guys, I have a jailbroken iPhone 3G, and my question is...is there any way to change the boot logo WITHOUT repwning? If there's another topic of this, sorry, I'm too lazy to search to be honest...thanks!
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

no. sorry to be "that guy"... but there isn't a way.
    honestly, and i'm speaking from the view of someone who had to make a new restore file about 10 times to get everything right lol, it isn't that big a deal to re-pwn. it takes a few minutes. i found the biggest headache was syncing afterwards. that took forever

Yeah I have to agree, I was just hoping there was some way ...but I guess having the orig. boot logos aren't too bad...but there SHOULD be a way to change it on the fly...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    Two MGS Ringtones

Quote Originally Posted by polishdemon View Post
    Yeah I have to agree, I was just hoping there was some way ...but I guess having the orig. boot logos aren't too bad...but there SHOULD be a way to change it on the fly...
    while i'd like to agree with you... once you break it down to the minutia... that logo is loaded before the OS... or rather as the OS is booting up. so its not like getting into the phone's file structure ( SSH ) is going to help. its before all that.
    the fact that you can change it is what i this is awesome. i mean, i put the apple back almost immediately... but that's only bc i didn't dig the pwnapple.

Ahhh, makes total sense there! I didn't really think of it that way, I was just thinkin of custom boot logos, but considering I barely even turn my phone off, or restart it, I won't be seeing that logo very often.
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    Two MGS Ringtones

Thanks

Winpwn 1.0 allowed changing of boot logos wihtout messing with the custom firmware on 1.1.4. Hopefully a new release of Winpwn will add that feature back for those with 2.0 firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    Winpwn 1.0 allowed changing of boot logos wihtout messing with the custom firmware on 1.1.4. Hopefully a new release of Winpwn will add that feature back for those with 2.0 firmware.
    I heard that it did that through a hack on the phone, and that hack was patched on 2.0. They need to re exploit the firmware to do this. Then CMW can update winpwn with this feature