Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New to the site and iphone, need help and info!!!

Default New to the site and iphone, need help and info!!!
    Hi all,
    Sorry if this is the wrong place, but i gotta get help. I have aniphone with the 2.0 update and i am wondering should i jailbreak it and what that would do to it. I know i could add more apps, but would it help me use the iphone browser and with the browser can i sync it to a computer that doesn't have itunes??
    Thanks to anyone that can help or get me heading in the right direction! If you info is to long to put here, you could email me at [email protected].
    Thanks again,
    Tim

It's all up to you to decide whether to jailbreak it or not. basically you'd get a second "app store" called Cydia in which you can get much more apps that can customize your iphone even more or just have some kool things, such as a youtube video downloader. And yes, jailbreaking would allow you to use iphone browser, but that doesn't add music to your iPhone...at least not that i know of...it's more of an alternative to SSHing, viewing all the files and file trees of the iPhone. If you got any more questions, just reply, send a PM, or...yeah thats about it. Unless u wanna click the AIM icon...

PS-Welcome
    You, sir, have been PWNED.
    Have I helped you at all? GIVE ME SOME LOVE, sry, I mean thanks...
    And remember, wear your seatbelt, don't run with scissors, and drink milk. Have a nice day!
    Apple Style Logo Battery
    MGS "!" Alert Custom Text Sound
    Two MGS Ringtones

3. The Following User Says Thank You to polishdemon For This Useful Post:

hareyrmk (2008-08-01)

Well, since you asked on this site, yes, you should jailbreak
    It allows many things that Apple doesn't want in it's AppStore.
    Seeing as you're running XP, you'd want WinPwn, it's a bit complex (compared to other methods) but it is the safest, and there are many guides out there to show you how to do so (make sure you follow them EXACTLY or it will not work and you'll have to start all over!)
    If you have any trouble, either look up the solution or post a topic on it!
    Welcome to MMI

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

hareyrmk (2008-08-01)

Thanks for the help! Just wondering will iphone browser let me put my outlook calender at work to my phone? Work doesn't have itunes

Do i want the iphone pc suite instead, will that work with out jailbreaking your phone?
    Last edited by hareyrmk; 2008-08-01 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost