Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone fees for ATT?

Default iPhone fees for ATT?
    Hi. I have att as my cell phone service. If I were to get an unlocked iphone and put my sim card in there, would it be able to work w/o paying for the extra fees that most iphone holders have to pay?

Thanks in ahead!

If you have your phone jailbroken and activation by jailbreak as well, and you have a 3G sim card, turn off Edge with Netservices.app, and you should not incurr extra charges as long as you use wifi and not other data related applications.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Selayan For This Useful Post:

madetorder (2008-01-23)

and how could i get a 3g sim card if i dont have one?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Selayan View Post
    If you have your phone jailbroken and activation by jailbreak as well, and you have a 3G sim card, turn off Edge with Netservices.app, and you should not incurr extra charges as long as you use wifi and not other data related applications.
    As long as the phone is jailbroken you can use an ATT sim. Edge will register as "not subscribed" if you don;t have it active on your account.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

madetorder (2008-01-23)

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    As long as the phone is jailbroken you can use an ATT sim. Edge will register as "not subscribed" if you don;t have it active on your account.
    so i would not have to toggle off edge?

also, i wouldnt have to pay for any online service?

thank you!

Make sure Edge stays off, and don't use maps or the gps unless you are on a wifi that is free, like your house or on a campus.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Selayan For This Useful Post:

madetorder (2008-01-24)

i got my old simcard in there no problems whatsoever if i turn edge on it says "could not activate edge" i dont have a data plan just a messaging plan on there i only use the wifi so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
    i got my old simcard in there no problems whatsoever if i turn edge on it says "could not activate edge" i dont have a data plan just a messaging plan on there i only use the wifi so far so good
    so i would get internet from wifi, not from reception? does that mean i wont be able to connect to the internet while on the road?

not unless theres wifi you can connect to where your going you dont need a phone signal for wifi its two different things

i understand that, but many ppl use their iphones to connect online on the road. i assumed that they used reception to connect to the internet since its nearly impossible to have a wifi connection while youre driving.

how do ppl connect to the internet in the car then?

they have edge but i dont know how it works with att as far as edge without a data plan do you have imternet with your current phone if you do i would just pop in my sim card and see what happens also keep an eye on your account so you know your not being charged

Quote Originally Posted by thebambino View Post
    they have edge but i dont know how it works with att as far as edge without a data plan do you have imternet with your current phone if you do i would just pop in my sim card and see what happens also keep an eye on your account so you know your not being charged
    i have no internet in my current plan. wish there was a way to get something like edge.

After escaping from prison, may also carry on the replacement to the system subject, these are impossible on the first edition firmware to realize, but also had other advantage so forth also not to need to say entire. Is the meaning apple minute which explains escapes from prison with the unlocking two kinds .

__________________________________________________ ____________
    iphone accessories
    Last edited by Kenneths; 2011-10-24 at 05:16 AM. Reason: get best answer