Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WARNING, iPhone Needs Repair

Thanks

Default WARNING, iPhone Needs Repair
    there was an alert that popped up on my iPhone saying that it was in need of repair and to contact apple.com/support. Then it stopped working. It was a jailbroken 1.1.2, but no other heavy mods.

Since it is completely dead at this point, i think i need to take it to the genious bar to have it looked at. But im afriad of what will happen when they see the jailbroken state and 3rd party apps. I did not, however, unlock it.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If it won;t turn on, then I don;t think they will be able to do much with it. As long as you still have the ATT sim in there you SHOULD be fine. Let us know how it goes!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Thanks, It is still under warranty (only a week 29 iPhone), but im pretty sure jailbreaking it voids the warranty. anyone know for sure?

Thanks

It does void the warranty, you are correct. But if the phone isnt turning on for you, there SHOULD be NO WAY for the genius bar to see that you did anything to the phone (it will just look dead). If it says repairs needed still I would try a restore first. If you are unable to do a restore then all should be ok. I was at the apple store the other day and someone came in with this same problem. The phone just didn't turn on. All they did was check for water damage and make sure the ATT sim was inside. When this was confirmed they opened a new phone (white unmarked box, because the guy didn't bring the dock, phones, etc.) swapped out the sims (so the guy kept his own orig. ATT sim) and gave him the new phone.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Yeah no water damage and yes I have an AT&T card so thats good to hear.

Thanks

UPDATE: went to the apple store today. I gave the guy a 30 second synopsis of what went wrong with my iphone (failed to mention it was jailbroken). He was like, "Hmm... sounds like something went out on it, Let me get you a new one!"

So in less then 5 minuets, he packed up my old phone, and i had a brand new working iPhone!

Thanks

Happy for you man! Like I said, if they can;t boot the thing they will give you a replacement, no doubt (so long as its not physically damaged from smashing, water, etc.)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

tyfly867 (2008-01-24)