Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Buying an iPhone pretty soon

Thanks

Default Buying an iPhone pretty soon
    Hey, im about to get an iPhone pretty soon not sure whether or not im going to be getting the new 3G or an older one but the question ive got is, when I jailbreak/unlock (3G cant be unlocked correct? or atleast until that contract is up) what is it that I do to use my normal carrier? How do I switch from AT&T to my T-Mobile contract without them knowing that im doing it with the iPhone?

Thanks

Well first, your wireless account is based on your SIM, not your phone. So you could simply pop your T-mobile SIM into your iPhone and neither company would be the wiser.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you would port your number, or simply cancel your ATT contract and switch to tmobile whenever you please like you would with any other phone. tmobile can't care less that you're using the iphone on their netowrk.

fyi, 3g iphones can't be software unlocked right now, period. and when that is available, you can unlock your phone whenever, even if you're locked in a contract with ATT. you can still unlock your phone if you wish to

Thanks

Ah, well I planned on getting a 3G but im not sure when exactly...Maybe soon, but in yalls opinion which one is better? 3G or the older version

Ive got a T-Mobile SIM card in my blackberry right now, so all I would do IF I got an older iPhone is unlock it, and pop in my SIM card?

Thanks

Don't get 3G. Because it will never work with T-Mobile, different frequencies.

Thanks

Ah, okay, will I still be able to have that 5 Fave crap from T-Mobile? and when I get the iPhone, I use windows OS on my computer, as long as I do my research on this website, will it be relatively easy to unlock/jailbreak?