Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Original JB Iphone upgraded to 2.0

Default Original JB Iphone upgraded to 2.0
    Hello, I'm new here. I have a JB Original Iphone and I wanted to know if there is a way to upgrade my phone to 2.0. I do NOT have ATT, I have T-Mobile so I dont want to upgrade it through Itunes, as someone had warned me not to. So if there is a possibility or a Video Tutorial, to let me know. Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you can follow the guides here in using winpwn to get your phone up to 2.0 jailbroken and unlocked

iclarified.com also has tutorials on how to get this done. not sure if anyone has done a video tutorial but there are always visual aid that the guides shouldn't be difficult to follow

I've heard about winpwn, but I thought it was for the Iphone 3G. So in other words winpwn could allow me to upgrade to 2.0 w/ no problem on my JB Iphone?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it's for both. take a look and you'll find out. just follow the instructions carefully

Where are exactly the instructions? Is there a direct link?

Thanks

If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

As both jtesnani and tyfly867 have said, make sure to read the directions carefully. As I remember, there are quite a few options in winpwn, especially in the "advanced" tab. When I did it, I had an option checked that shouldn't have been checked and it caused me to have to do the whole process over again! For me it was the "Activate" option but I'm on ATT, not T-Mobile. Just make sure you know what each checkbox is for since it's a big pain in the butt to have to do it all over again. Good luck!