Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is mobileme worth it ?

Default Is mobileme worth it ?
    I'm currently using my 60 days trial of mobileme and currently the only feature i've found to be useful is the Contacts Sync. I don't really plan to use it to backups my pictures (10gb of storage is just too small when you have over 50gb of pictures in your hdd) or neither to sync apointments, using that new email address or bookmarks "over the air", and its quite a lot expensive for a lot of things i'll probably never use. Another thing I didn't like is the feature of the lack if Internet Explorer compatibility, which mean I can't use mobileme's website anywhere I want (ie; at work or some friend's pc). I'm I the only one dissapointed by this or am i missing things I don't know about it?
    Last edited by zerobrand; 2008-07-31 at 03:47 PM.

I signed up for the 60 day trial as well.

I use IMAP email support on my iPhone, and IMAP on my laptop, so I don't actually use the MobilMe email application.

I used to use it to sync my contacts, but since then I found out that Funambol does it quite nicely as well. The only thing is that it does not push the changes out, you need to manually sync it. But that might change in the near future. My Outlook uses the Funambol plugin, so it auto-syncs every 6 hours.

The only thing that I am missing, is Calendar. Funabmol for iPhone can't sync that YET. They hope that it will work soon. Once that happens, I will be sorted out.

MobileMe = MobileForYou ... for me ... GONE !!!

The only nice thing about it really is that you can login, online, and see your email, calendar & contacts on any PC in the world! Great for some, but I won't use that!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WyldPhoenix For This Useful Post:

zerobrand (2008-07-31)

Funabmol? thanks i'll check it out