Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wallpaper not working in customize...

Default Wallpaper not working in customize...
    Well everything seems to be working with customize for me. Except for wallpapers. I can do lock screen ones but regular ones say copy file error I think. Anyone else having this problem? Also how can I upload custom things Ive done to Customize?

Do a little homework. It is well known that the springboard wallpaper function is not capable yet. As far as adding your own files for customize, you can also find your answer if you just do a little searching. It's all here on MMi if you just look for it.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

do you know when summerboard will be released for 2.0? Or how do you change the background image through ssh?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybird1977 View Post
    Do a little homework. It is well known that the springboard wallpaper function is not capable yet. As far as adding your own files for customize, you can also find your answer if you just do a little searching. It's all here on MMi if you just look for it.
    Its really scary at how many people are to lazy to search!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

im to lazy to be scared

And you're all too lazy to put the second "o" on the word too.

Search always comes up as nothing found so I posted this. Thanks for all the useful help. Remind me why we do forums again? To help each other? Right. You imediately jump on me and dont know my situation thanks again.

edited for composure
    Last edited by bburdick; 2008-07-31 at 08:57 PM. Reason: no

Quote Originally Posted by bburdick View Post
    The search function of this site is pretty useless. I get loads of irrelevant search results... Mostly from way back before the 3g phone or the 2.0FW even existed. I have no advanced options to limit my search results to a particular subset and frankly its a PITA to find anything here through search. So get off this guys nuts. If you don't anything contructive to say, just don't say anything.
    God forbid you have to look through several threads to find what you're looking for. I wasn't trying to "get on this guys nuts." I actually told him his answer to his first question. Then, I offered some friendly advice to do some searching. You can feed a man for a day by giving him food or help him feed himself for a lifetime by teaching him to fish. Just trying to help, because if you take the time to do a little searching through threads you just might find your answer and possibly answers to questions you haven't even asked yet. So, get off my nuts becaue I tried to help this guy.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTopaz View Post
    do you know when summerboard will be released for 2.0? Or how do you change the background image through ssh?
    No idea when Summerboard for 2.0 will be released. And no, there is no file mod known that will add a background to the springboard (except for that oversized icon thing, which is too much of a hassle to bother with).

Quote Originally Posted by bburdick View Post
    The search function of this site is pretty useless. I get loads of irrelevant search results... Mostly from way back before the 3g phone or the 2.0FW even existed. I have no advanced options to limit my search results to a particular subset and frankly its a PITA to find anything here through search. So get off this guys nuts. If you don't anything contructive to say, just don't say anything.
    Actually, if you look way up at the top of the forum header, you'll see:

Search: New Posts

If you click on Search, you'll see a very handy set of advanced search functions.
    Last edited by Eurisko; 2008-07-31 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

I have to agree with the search tool not being so great... I did a search for wallpaper and didn't get this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by variable View Post
    I have to agree with the search tool not being so great... I did a search for wallpaper and didn't get this thread...
    WTF mate? You mean you searched for the word "wallpaper" and didn't find one thread out of probably 1,000 that came up! Amazing! The search feature must suck!

sometimes i wonder why some people cant sit there and NOT respond. What good are you by saying "search" or "go do this" if you are going to give advice like that, suggest something rather than being inconsiderate for unknown reasons. All you have to do is NOT respond, just press back (i know it's got to be so hard, with all your pride) and forget about it. There will always be people who are just getting started and need help. Some of this stuff is complicated.
    -your councilor, at least today.