Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem, Iphone home-screen is reloading every 20th second

Default Problem, Iphone home-screen is reloading every 20th second
    hello,
    i've just tried to install a theme from installer when i got a message telling me something was wrong. When i got back to the home-screen the background was all black, the phone was in english and the home-screen is being reseted all the time. I cant connect it to itunes and the wifi seems to be dead. The spinning wheel(apple's loadingicon is constantly shown in the middle). Is there any other possible way to fix this?

sincerly,
    Pontus

My iPhone is a Part of Me Sidetalker's Avatar
    Thanks

Force your iPhone into DFU mode and restore.
    For Help
    Private Message, Email, or AIM
    (My response time might be a little long)

GUIDES:
    Expect more when I find something guide-worthy.
    PM me and let me know if you need one.

when i have forced it in to dfu mode (home-button and turnoff-button at the same time) it starts again and the phone is still the same.
    It takes a long time to restart it using (home-button and turnoff-button at the same time).
    Is there any programs that could force it to connect to itunes or maybe reset the whole phone back to the original?

maybe you can let the battery charge go down and try to full charge it again.
    just a thought..but don't trust me too much.i'm a little newb in iphone issues..

yes maybe that will work.
    But i think the problem is that the theme on the phone is incorrect.
    So probably summerboard is restarting every 5 second because its missing i wallpaper.
    Have anyone heard about any problem like this one??
    Any solution?
    Grateful for answers.

I have exactly the same problem!!!
    Going crazy about this. Look at my video on how the iphone behaves here:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsEsZJ3I9Pw"]YouTube - iphone stuck in a loop[/ame]

Please confirm that you have the same problem pontuskrusing!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can you connect to the phone with WinSCP?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You did not put your phone in DFU restore mode. The correct procedure its hold the home and power buttons until the phone powers off. Let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button. (Your screen will remain completely black) Then plug your phone into the computer and the iTunes will come up and say it detects a phone in restore mode. You may then release the home button and hit restore.

If you still can't figure it out download ziphone or iLiberty and use one of these to force it into DFU Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You did not put your phone in DFU restore mode. The correct procedure its hold the home and power buttons until the phone powers off. Let go of the power button and continue to hold the home button. (Your screen will remain completely black) Then plug your phone into the computer and the iTunes will come up and say it detects a phone in restore mode. You may then release the home button and hit restore.

If you still can't figure it out download ziphone or iLiberty and use one of these to force it into DFU Mode.
    Yeah I know how to do that but I rather not. Would be great for others (and me) that have the same problem if it would be possible to locate the cuase of this.

Quote Originally Posted by colm View Post
    Can you connect to the phone with WinSCP?
    Yes! The ssh works. The phone got access to Wifi and I can login to it there. But during this process the phone gets slow because the crashdump runs all the time and creates new processes. Heavy load on the system. What can I do from the terminal?

Im thinking about restoring the phone right now... But Ive never unlocked it before so Im not sure of doing that :S
    I had version 1.1.3 before this happen.
    If I use restore in iTunes now would it be 1.1.4 then? And for installing that version I need a different bootloader wich I cant install?

Last edited by feffe; 2008-03-15 at 12:34 AM.

Default same problem!
    feffe,
    I've got the same problem with my iphone (1.1.3).
    I don't know how this came up...
    All I know is that I've installed KB2 to disable the Auto-Correction (I'm Brazilian) and changed the OpenSSH password (alpine).

Hope that helps...

Quote Originally Posted by feffe View Post
    I have exactly the same problem!!!
    Going crazy about this. Look at my video on how the iphone behaves here:

YouTube - iphone stuck in a loop

Please confirm that you have the same problem pontuskrusing!
    OMG SPINNING WHEEL OF DEATH!

Restore's probably the only thing you can do at this point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rcsoares View Post
    feffe,
    I've got the same problem with my iphone (1.1.3).
    I don't know how this came up...
    All I know is that I've installed KB2 to disable the Auto-Correction (I'm Brazilian) and changed the OpenSSH password (alpine).

Hope that helps...
    You're not supposed to change the password alpine in firmwares 1.1.3 and up as it causes your phone to be stuck in a loop. easiest way is to restore, but if you can ssh into your phone, i've seen here that I believe there's another way to fix it without restoring but you'll have to search for it as I'm not sure of the method