Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What I'm going to do.

Default What I'm going to do.
    So basically, this is the best option atm (could change)

I'm going to keep my 1.1.1 unlocked Iphone where it is, and in a few months when Apple releases the 3G Iphone that you can use with just about any carrier in the world, buy a new one, then I'll be able to have all the newest firmware, access to all of the Itunes SDK whatnot, and tmobile service!

Anyone else in the same boat?

what makes you think that the 3G iPhone will be unlocked by apple by default? AT&T was the one who outed it. It will be just like this iPhone: the only unlock will be by warranty voiding unsupported third party devs, which, I side with.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Also, what makes any of us believe that the 3G iPhone will be out this year? There has been no official announcement.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Actually there has been, by AT&T and Jobs...

http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...ney_technology
    Last edited by MOSHO92; 2008-01-22 at 06:32 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Doubt it is unlocked. Apple wants to have the wireless company that it partnered with because it gets a percentage of the monthly fee.
    "Now everyone calm the hell down and let me think about how to clean up your mess, while you build me a monument dedicated to how awesome I am."

MacBook Pro + iPhone 3GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Numberzz View Post
    Doubt it is unlocked. Apple wants to have the wireless company that it partnered with because it gets a percentage of the monthly fee.
    Ya, and isn't the contract between Apple and At&t for 3 years, which means no unlock for as long as the contract?
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)