Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What the hell happened?

Thanks

Unhappy What the hell happened?
    today out of nowhere, my iphone started acting funny. it was slow to respond to input, then the screen started going out, like color static on tv, then it whit-ed out on my and then the screen went back to normal. the sound didnt seem to be working. i restarted it and i noticed the wi-fi option was greyed out in the settings. it wouldnt even let me turn it on or off. then, out of nowhere it quit working, now even though i had it charging, the screen stays black, it wont charge, and my mac wont respond to it when i plug it in. i dont want to take it to Apple becuase it is jailbroken (1.1.2) but i would if i could restore the software.

i dont consider myself a newb, and i certainly didnt do anything that anybody on this forum hasnt done, i only added a few well known apps, and not the one with malicious code that was floating around.

when i call the phone, it goes right to voicemail. I havent dropped it in a long time, and it was acting normally for the whole almost 3 months ive had it.

HELP!!! PLEASE.
    Last edited by tyfly867; 2008-01-22 at 01:05 AM. Reason: bad grammar, sorry if there's any other mistakes i missed

Definite warranty issue

It doesnt matter if its just jailbroken

When its put into restore it will go back to factory settings

I'm sure you can invent a story that you was in the process of activation and the screen started to go funny

Think about what features are available prior to activation (None)

IE No Wifi Hint Hint

Thanks

but what do i do when they fix it and find all that software and other stuff thats not suppose to be there?

im afraid ill have a $400 brick.
    Last edited by tyfly867; 2008-01-22 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Force the phone into Restore Mode, and see if your computer will pick it up then. If so, restore the phone, and then take it back to apple. Perfect solution.

Reako

Is the iPhone dead or does it have battery left? If it won't turn on or charge, not even after holding home and wake buttons for 15 seconds then you should definitley take it to apple . They will restore it somehow and all third party apps and everything will disappear; and if they can't get it to work they will have to give you a new one no questions asked.

Thanks

im afraid ill have a $400 brick.

it has battery, thats for sure, it even takes a charge because it gets warm when i plug it in, so it seems the battery is working, other than that, its a brick. i guess ill have to take it into the genius bar or something. Its just weird because nothing promoted this, myPhone just went off the fritz earlier today.

UPDATE: I plugged the phone into my computer and checked system profiler and it showed NO usb device connected. Bummer.
    Last edited by tyfly867; 2008-01-22 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You should try holding the Home and Sleep button simultaneously for 10 seconds, then while holding the home button, release the sleep button, and continue holding the home button until the computer finds an item in recovery mode. (Do all of this while the phone is connected to the computer) This is just a hopeful response.

Reako