Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PLS HELP --Plug in iPhone 1.1.2 and windows crashes

Default PLS HELP --Plug in iPhone 1.1.2 and windows crashes
    i have windows XP home and have plenty of extra memory on my hard drive. i also have a 1.1.2 cracked iPhone (cracked using turbo sim and some software) but whenever i plug in the phone now ( it worked fine the first few times) , before iTunes recognizes it, the blue computer crash screen comes up and i have to reboot. have tried several times.
    weird note: when i plug in the iPhone the computer has a small box pop up in the bottom right that says "Digital Stills Camera".... but i dont own one of those

PLEASE ANY HELP AT ALL!!!

Angry PLS HELP --Plug in iPhone 3G and windows crashes
    The exact same thing happens to me. I plug in my iphone 3g and the computer recognizes USB devices, then recognizes Digital Still Camera, then goes to a Blue Screen of death where it tells me that my bios is incorrect.

I use to be able to sync my Iphone 3g easily. Now it consistently crashes XP every time i plug it in!

WTF?!

Anybody experience the same thing? Any solutions?

Mike

hey. i figured it out. for me at least. i had a webcam installed, and the iPhone also registers on your computer as a camera. so when my computer saw there were two cameras it fraeked out and shut down. thats what im guessing. cause as soon as I uninstalled the other one things were peachy.
    hope that helps
    cheers

Thanks, that worked like a charm, i thought my phone was broken. You saved me a bunch of time

I have the same issue, but the thing is, i canīt uninstall my cam software because is a logitech quickcam that came with my DELL (XPS/M1210)pc.

What else can i do to fix this problem?

I upgraded to the Beta Version of Windows 7 and the problem went away. Although now my Webcam isn't recognized.

Go Figure.

Mike