Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help - How to Upg 1.1.3 to 2.0?

Default Please Help - How to Upg 1.1.3 to 2.0?
    Hi There,

Can somebody please email me a link or direct me to a painless site where I can upgrade my 1.1.3 iPhone to 2.0? I would like it jailbroken and unlocked so I can use installer, and also access all of the 2.0 features such as the app store, etc. if I so choose. Do I need to goto 1.1.4 first? Please help, as this site is very cluttered with alot of info.
    I just want to goto 2.0 and need a painless way to get there!
    Thank-you so much for any assistance you can provide.
    Are there any issues with this upg? Will I lose any data or info on my phone in this process?
    Cheers,

YSG

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

just follow directions for winpwn on this website or you can use either iclarified.com or hackthatphone.com. as far as i know you do not need to go to 1.1.4 first.

and yes, you will lose your data/info. some people choose to do a backup and set up the phone with that back up, or you can sync your contacts, calendar, music, and photos via itunes with outlook, set your phone up as new after you jailbreak and unlock it and sync back all that information, which i think is the safer bet. restoring from a backup causes problems for jailbroken phones